• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extended range tank in the works

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
They should throw away the factory fuel cap and put the old big mouth on it.
Then you can use containers that actually dump fuel in without taking a bath.
You know, something like a tuff jug cap that fits other fuel containers :)

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
They should throw away the factory fuel cap and put the old big mouth on it.
Then you can use containers that actually dump fuel in without taking a bath.
You know, something like a tuff jug cap that fits other fuel containers :)
Darn right! I hate standing there with my hands freezing and cramping up while I hold the stupid spring-loaded stopper valve open. And no way can you take that off and pour into the tank without baptizing the sled unless you've got a big funnel... Which I can never find when I need it. Given how often sleds are filled from various gas cans, it's stupid that everybody makes their tank with the same 2" opening.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Darn right! I hate standing there with my hands freezing and cramping up while I hold the stupid spring-loaded stopper valve open. And no way can you take that off and pour into the tank without baptizing the sled unless you've got a big funnel... Which I can never find when I need it. Given how often sleds are filled from various gas cans, it's stupid that everybody makes their tank with the same 2" opening.
Tuff jug has a reducer, it's not near as good as the big one on the jug in the pic that is almost fool proof, automatically shuts off 2" below the cap.
You can't just drop the reducer fitting one on the tank and dump, have to ease into it or it'll blow out where it snaps on the original one.
It's for the lawn mower and is getting passed on to this sled until I find an upgrade, hint hint.
IMG_20240117_212407613.jpg
Those flex hoses can be shoved where the sun don't shine.IMG_20240117_214550838.jpg

Premium Features