• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Encloused Trailer Opinions

Hail Yea

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2010
I have been looking for an enclosed trailer for about 2 years and haven't found exactly what I am looking for so I am looking for some input good or bad. I like most trailers but I am concerned with their quality long term as I plan on having this one for awhile. I plan to haul my sleds as well as my custom motorcycles so I want something nice to pull as well as to look at. I have owned many trailers over the years for my construction company and have had both good and bad experiences with different brands. Here are my thoughts. Thank you for any insight you may have for me.

* Aluminum versus Steel? Which do you prefer?
* Rivets or Rivet-less?
* I like Becker trailers looks but they just customize and don't actually manufacturer them according to what I have found on the internet. This concerns me a little for any warranty issues that may come up.
* I like Aluma trailers but they seem a little over priced for what you get.
* I've had HaulMark Trailers before and they were just okay but not great.
* I saw MTI trailers/car haulers but they seem too cheap for what you get and that concerns me.
* Triton trailers are much like the Aluma trailers which are a little over priced for what you get.
* I like Featherlite trailers but they don't seem to have many options to customize the interior.

** Some of my wish list**

28'-30'.
Black & Red.
Heavy Duty rims & tires like the Feather Lite trailers.
Insulated walls.
110 Wiring.
LED lighting.
Furnace.
Cabinets at ceiling.
Exterior loading lights.
Propane holder.
Generator holder.
Doors rear, front & side.
Finished interior walls ceiling & floor.
Lots of tie downs or rail system like Triton & Aluma.
I like this Becker trailer.
http://www.beckercustomtrailers.com/trailers/sport/85-x-28-aluminum-multi-purpose-stainless-rear

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Check out R &R trailers.

5enupunu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

L
May 15, 2009
That Becker trailer looks real nice, hate to guess the price for it!
IF you think Aluma is high price you should/could compare it to a Triton. The same Triton trailer is considerably higher priced and in my opinion the Aluma trailers are better built!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm not sure if the same is true for enclosed but Aluma is the only trailer that offers 5 year warranty on their open trailers.

captain x

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lewiston, idaho
Double R

You may want to check Double R. I am in the process of finalizing my order. Great to work with and they specialize in customizing to customer desires and specs.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Get the best available in your area.
Here in the Midwest that's Aluma, Featherlight, Rance.
In other areas I'm sure there are others with just as good of reputation.

Borrowing money is cheap now, take advantage of it & get the trailer you want. You are not saving any money if you are upgrading in 5 years.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Borrowing money is cheap now, take advantage of it & get the trailer you want. You are not saving any money if you are upgrading in 5 years.

I'm going to PM you my wife's cell number. Please convince her of that. I have my eye on a new enclosed myself. She's getting used to my BS justification techniques, especially in the sled world.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's true though.
The price of our toys is going up 5-7% & money is available for 3-5%

Easy math, as long as you do not over extend yourself.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
That Becker trailer looks real nice, hate to guess the price for it!
IF you think Aluma is high price you should/could compare it to a Triton. The same Triton trailer is considerably higher priced and in my opinion the Aluma trailers are better built!

Not knocking Aluma trailers, I'd love to have one, but I don't think it's possible to have a better built aluminum trailer than a Triton.
I had a 2 place single axle Trition for the last 9 years. 2001 model. I put probably 30k mi on it or more including hauling 3 sleds in a 2 place for the last few years, 1 overloaded trip from WA up the Alcan where the trailer caught air more than once at hi way speeds on frost heaves that snuck up on me. Wore thru the floor plywood with the tires!
Never replaced the bearings, just regular grease, removed them a couple yrs ago to replace and after cleaning 1 up I couldn't tell the difference from new, so the old ones went back in. No rust (obviously), no cracks, broken parts nada, except one of the rear door hinge bolts came unthreaded and I had to cut a hole in the back frame to fix it.
That said I just bought a Charmac 4 place, but only because I couldn't see spending over $10k on a used aluminum 4 place to watch it sit outside and get beat by the weather.

Premium Features