• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W
Nov 26, 2007
the pipe is out of the way when you are loading and walking about, but it does send the heat in the right direction for drying and snow melting, the best one is the one that runs to the back of the trailer and blows by the tracks. Melts fast and drys the water off the decking as well.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I started on mine this past weekend. I am looking for some cheaper but good quality cabinets. It seems the made to order standard cabinets made for enclosed trailers are fairly pricy. I am also looking for some L.E.D. adjustable ramp loading lights.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Try this company...

http://www.sledtech.com/projects/assault.htm

A few years ago we brought in some of his accessories to show off at races and shows. Really pretty nice quality and not quite as expensive as pitpal and some of the other cabinet manufactures. Not sure how they compare now but back then it was a very viable option. We also helped a few local guys get into some diamond plate aluminum cabinets that they offered and they are still working well for the customers. Give them a look.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
trailer upgrades...

Things I love and didn't think I needed until I got them.

1. Huge generator
2. workbench
3. small fridge (just acquired)
4. Pizza oven (my buddy claims to have even broiled steaks in one) I was happy with frozen pizzas.
5. ****ty stereo (who cares if its stolen and in a trailer, any tunes are good tunes)
6. Heat and A/C (I will never go back to Haydays without A/C)

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Has anyone found a good bracket/hanger for a floor jack?

I put in black Sears garage cabinets and tie wrapped the shelves in place. They have held up great for 3 seasons. Carry a small tool box full of tools, all the spare belts/parts and aerosol cans in them.

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
the pipe is out of the way when you are loading and walking about, but it does send the heat in the right direction for drying and snow melting, the best one is the one that runs to the back of the trailer and blows by the tracks. Melts fast and drys the water off the decking as well.

Nice piping right off the furnace. Looks very clean. I used dryer flex hose for the first foot, then PVC pipe. Did you use regular or Sched 80 temp rated PVC off the furnace? I like the boot dryer idea. Do you remove the caps when you put the boots on?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Nice piping right off the furnace. Looks very clean. I used dryer flex hose for the first foot, then PVC pipe. Did you use regular or Sched 80 temp rated PVC off the furnace? I like the boot dryer idea. Do you remove the caps when you put the boots on?

Try adding a booster fan to the piping for your drying rack.... helps to circulate the air a little better!

W
Nov 26, 2007
regular water drainage piping is used and I put the caps on the dryer so the air blows harder throughout the system. When placing boots or gloves on I remove the caps. So far it has really worked out well for me, that rear pipe that drops by the rear corner of the trailer really dries the floor quickly which is great with all the running water that comes from sleds de-frosting.

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Here are some updated pics, i'm still not finished:D

My version of the boot and glove rack

P1120837.jpg

This is the bottom of the helmet cabinets with forced air heating, the front cabinet has room for 4 helmets, the rear one is for other loose gear that needs dried.

P1120838.jpg

P1120839.jpg

View of Catalytic heater and piping from the 40,000 btu furnace.

P1120840.jpg

Rear area for jackets and bibs on hangers with air blowing up from below.

P1120841.jpg

Small bin for aerosol cans and screwdrivers

P1120842.jpg

Storage bin for gallon and quarts of oil

P1120843.jpg

Front area that will receive a lot more work.:D

P1120844.jpg

W

w4cstriker

Dec 17, 2007
washington
Here are some updated pics, i'm still not finished:D

My version of the boot and glove rack

P1120837.jpg

This is the bottom of the helmet cabinets with forced air heating, the front cabinet has room for 4 helmets, the rear one is for other loose gear that needs dried.

P1120838.jpg

P1120839.jpg

View of Catalytic heater and piping from the 40,000 btu furnace.

P1120840.jpg

Rear area for jackets and bibs on hangers with air blowing up from below.

P1120841.jpg

Small bin for aerosol cans and screwdrivers

P1120842.jpg

Storage bin for gallon and quarts of oil

P1120843.jpg

Front area that will receive a lot more work.:D

P1120844.jpg

Nice trailer Snowbyrd ,nice ideas I have same floor as you ,sleds slips alittle going up ramp to load thinking of putting traction bars down.They slip alittle inside but that cant be helped.

Insulating Trailer with 1" & 2" Polystyrene Foamboard

Anybody try spray in insulation on a unfinished ceiling?

I'm VERY happy with how my insulating job turned out recently. Glad I went with the pink foamboard, rather than the cheaper white stuff(styrofoam). Theres no way I would have been able to cut,trim, form the pieces with such precision using the white stuff...Every piece is press fit in place and took me MANY hours to do. I'm just glad it's done now.

trailerinteriorbefore.jpg

gedc1452.jpg

rearrampframingbefore.jpg

rearramp6.jpg

driverssidefrontramp2.jpg

driverssidefrontramp3.jpg

Cost to insulate this trailer was about $350 in Owens Corning Foamboard. (16ft box w/3.25ft v-nose, 5'5" walls)

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
wow, lots of cool stuff here..

What do you guys do for fresh air intake while sleeping inside one of these with all the heaters and such?

Anyone worried about anything?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Mine is a regular thru wall vented RV furnace designed for this type of use that exhausts all fumes and moisture outside. I highly reccomend that style of Suburban Propane SF series furnace.

That keeps the exhaust fumes outside, but that also means that the inside air is a closed system - there is no fresh air being introduced to the trailer.

Is anyone worried about C0 poisoning?

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I don't think that's an issue, most trailers have vents on them, front, back and on top, I know mine does.
Also, with the floor, anyone ever use the Flexi Tiles in their trailer? I've got about 6 boxes or so of that stuff that I think will work good on my trailer floor. Plan is to put some Thompsons Water Seal down then the tiles on top of it.
http://www.flexitiles.com/productinfo.htm

Premium Features