• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EGR Delete on Dodge Diesel 6.7

K

khogan

Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Has anyone done an egr and pipe delete on Dodge 6.7?

Looking at a HS minimax controller (wtranny control upgrade), egr delete, and pipe delete. Not looking for performance just better mileage and a turbo that won't continue to soot up.

Pretty big expenditure, let me know if any of you have done it and your experience with it. I don't want a "mod" truck and I don't want to lose any dependability. (as if 2 replaced turbos has been dependable).

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
do the H&S with OD software and flo-pro tbe, you wont look back!
the H&S turns off the egr off the '10 and up trucks (4th gen) and needs nothing else. the 07.5's to 09's needs to have the some of the egr control stuff removed, i have a 4th gen so I didnt read to much into it. go to here http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ for all the info you can take in.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I have a early 6 .7 and I put the h&s with a cold air and straight pipe and egr/ cooler delete my truck runs great no problems what so ever I am getting 16/18 in town and up 24 hwy depending on how I drive it I get a lead foot every now and then, I've had it on for over 40,000 miles

throttlejocky316

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2009
Bickleton, Wa
I am running a 5" turbo back exhaust, all the egr junk removed from the motor and an S&B intake. I have the smarty to stop all the codes. The only code I get every once in awhile is the turbine overspeed code. It doesn't seem to affect performance and when the truck shuts off the code clears. I get around 16 mpg on the highway and 12.5 mpg in town. My truck also has 3.73 gears and 37" mud tires with a 6" lift. I have 40k miles on this setup with no problems.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I have a early 6 .7 and I put the h&s with a cold air and straight pipe and egr/ cooler delete my truck runs great no problems what so ever I am getting 16/18 in town and up 24 hwy depending on how I drive it I get a lead foot every now and then, I've had it on for over 40,000 miles

My neighbor did the same thing. stock size tires and no lift. bout the same results. highly recommend

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
i would recommend deleting the egr, because although it turns it off, it will still run higher egts than without it, and it will collect soot like a mother. trust me i ran mine for about 20k blocked and there was damn near a half inch of soot on the backside of the blockoff plates. Also you may want to look into a smarty instead of h and s. with the pickup in my signature i can get an honest 21 hand calcd at 78mph, and 13 towing and enclosed weighing 8k. my buddies ten with an h and s, egr delete, Overdrive software, and 35s, can barely get 16 on the highway, 10 with the same trailer. The smarty is cheaper too.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
do the H&S with OD software and flo-pro tbe, you wont look back!
the H&S turns off the egr off the '10 and up trucks (4th gen) and needs nothing else. the 07.5's to 09's needs to have the some of the egr control stuff removed, i have a 4th gen so I didnt read to much into it. go to here http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ for all the info you can take in.

Have same setup on my 10 3500. Truck rans very well. It sure doesn't feel as doggy as it did stock. It really felt like it was grasping for air below 2000 RPM stock. I didn't do it for power either, just to try eke out a few MPG and have a longer lasting engine because of significantly lower EGT's. No codes, etc in 3 months. It's a little louder now without the EGR, but sounds like a Cummins is suppossed to now.

Would do it again. If you do the Mini Maxx, get the Overdrive software. To me, it made as much difference as the programmer.

T
Dec 11, 2010

Smarty JR programmer, removed the particulate filter, cal converter, erg delete kit (removed 40 lbs of junk off of the engine, probably 100 lb from the exhaust). I have a 2009 Ram 3500 dually with auto trans with 45,000 miles and just got back from a trip of 1000 miles and computer shows 19.5 avg. with speed of mostly 75 mph. When I stay under 70 I will get 20+ mpg. The Smarty JR added 100 hp, you get the best mileage on the highest setting.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
08 mega smarty sr full deletes, 17.5mpg hand calc'ed 80mph 22mpg 60mph dyno'ed 502HP 900ftlbs

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
The smarty is a excellent choice my buddy runs it on his truck it was my second choice I went with the h&s cause it came with all the gauges and u can change it on the fly where the others u can't , I have never once thrown any codes and if u get crazy u can download other programs and turn it up to 220 extra HP

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
The smarty jr has worked great on my dads 6.7...noticble power(nothing excessive though) mileage really went up. Before it got 11 in town 18hwy now it gets 13ish in town and 21 on the hwy not towing. With trailer (27ft enclosed) it gets right around 13.5-15. This is with the egr, cat, dpf, and stock muffler still on it.
Personally I would get the H&S Black maxx, cold air, 5in turbo back, and delete the egr all together. He was going to do it but was to stubborn about voiding his warranty.
H&S is a solid product along with any Mads products..

Last edited:
B

bebaldus

Mar 4, 2011
Grangeville Idaho
I know of 13 pickups in my area that run Smarty's, and my buddy is a lineman and 7 of the guys he works with all run H&S. We run smarty's here because a local dealer sells them. They run H&S because they know a friend that works at alligator performance and recomends. It is Obviouse this mod is a must. Find someone you know or can work well with and support them. Like said before you will not go back. Not one problem with any of them. Over the 20+ rigs (including our own) average high is 22 manual 24 automatic, 65 mph speed "limits". South bend single disk clutch and 100 hoursy injectors...:face-icon-small-sho Brought my beast to life. Any setting over 30 hp on my smarty scars me and i don't dare pull my trailer on slick roads with any more power...it just breaks them loose. Good luck, it's a for sure mod.

Has anyone done an egr and pipe delete on Dodge 6.7?

Looking at a HS minimax controller (wtranny control upgrade), egr delete, and pipe delete. Not looking for performance just better mileage and a turbo that won't continue to soot up.

Pretty big expenditure, let me know if any of you have done it and your experience with it 6.7 powerstroke delete kit. I don't want a "mod" truck and I don't want to lose any dependability. (as if 2 replaced turbos has been dependable).
I got a box of used parts a edge juice w attitude, exhast, banks ram air system, and there was some block off plates. So I pulled the egr valve stuck the block off plates under the egr valve and bolted it back on. I have two more identical plates. What would they be for? There was a washer with the center welded shut that I clamped on the egr cooler side and took the pipe out. I didnt get any directions for the delete so Im wingin it. Also when the eb is on it makes a wield whistling sound now?

Premium Features