• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy steer

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yes I have them on both my sleds now. Definitely steer easier. Not as easy as a stock Matryx, but a hell of a lot better. No issues while riding either. Haven't noticed any draw backs really sidehilling, carving, etc. Pricey, but my shoulders thank me every day

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Thanks for the reply. My shoulders are still sore from 4 days of tree riding in the best snow I had in years.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Did you try the TKI uppers with the stock Alpha spindle?
Yes, very briefly in my yard. Skis were pointing downward and wanted to put me over the bars if I was turning and a rut was in the way. Didn't ride it on mountain like that as it felt too sketchy. I did run the riot spindles with stock 16+ front end on my other sled and it was alright but not much change in steering effort.

A
Mar 21, 2023
WA
Yes I have them on both my sleds now. Definitely steer easier. Not as easy as a stock Matryx, but a hell of a lot better. No issues while riding either. Haven't noticed any draw backs really sidehilling, carving, etc. Pricey, but my shoulders thank me every day
Do you have these on stock or elevate spindles, twin rail or alpha? Also are you running stock skis, do the skis point downward with the ez steer arms installed? Wondering if these are worth it to include with twin rail elevate kit.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Well I ordered a set I am going to find out how they work on stock spindles. I will take some before and after pics. Hopefully they get here in time for spring snow testing.

BigSkyRider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2011
MT
FYI on these a-arms. Ice Age says they are billet on their website, but they are cast and then machined to final dimensions.
Not sure where your info came from, but I can assure you these are cut from 6061 billet plate. I've had opportunities to ride this arm on both stock and elevated sleds - nice improvement, significantly lighter steering and quicker responding.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Not sure where your info came from, but I can assure you these are cut from 6061 billet plate. I've had opportunities to ride this arm on both stock and elevated sleds - nice improvement, significantly lighter steering and quicker responding.
I will preface this with the fact that I know aluminum has been increasingly hard to get over the past couple of years. Years ago our material science teacher in college warned us that he had repeatedly seen material delivered that was not up to the spec that it claimed to be. So it is entirely possible they got some bad material. Having said that, If they believe they are getting quality 6061 plate aluminum and cutting the arms from it, and the second-hand metallurgy report I heard about is true (take that for what it's worth), then I would urge them to get mill sheets supplied with their orders and have some spot testing done.

I have multiple sets of Ice Age rails in my garage right now and a set of Elevate spindles so I'm not trying to cut them down, or say this upper arm doesn't work. I had one set of rails delivered with flaking anodizing (they were replaced) and another set that the bend radius on the front of the rail doesn't match from one to the other. So historically their QC department does have room to up its game.

Premium Features