• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E-Tec Turbo

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
How much tuning or "after ride Maintenance" is required on the etec compared to the carbs?

Will my 09 chasis support the etec? Probably need a new ecm and electrics....what else? Is it even worth it?

IMO...they should all be looked over and maintained just the same, sounds like you had some bunk stuff happen to you but I would buy a used etec and put a turbo on it if I were you. that will be my next move, I love my doo but want to be able to roll the girl and pull and go. not have to pull for 30 min solid.

my ski doo carb turbo has worked awesome, however had 500 miles and I think I took out head gasket, need to tear down. I had her running to the tune of 1300* at 11psi boost

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
lets see if the mod deletes this like my last ..

Fred, No not against the etech..not at all..

The Etech has not screwed me to the tune of 10,000 $..

Once you get that kind of treatment you will feel the same. and you will get that treatment, a leopard never changes its spots...ever.

Gus,
Thanks for bring this up. At least now everybody can know why you have “junk in your trunk” for Aerocharger.

In my quest to find out why Gus doesn’t like Aerocharger he told me it was because I screwed him out of 10k. So here is the story according to Gus. In 1990 or 1991 Gus purchased 10 Turbos from Aerodyne Dallas, a company owned by my late Grandfather. Gus did not receive the turbo size he had ordered. The man who was running the company was G.S. and my Grandfather was only the major investor. Now it gets interesting! In 1994 my Grandfather licensed the manufacturing rights to Jim from Dynotech Research. During this time G.S. was also the man running the day to day business. In 2001 the license was terminated due to being insolvent. There are many details… I could write a book. Gus also talked about how there was a high failure rate and they were expensive to repair. Funny thing is during the time he refers to his buddy Jim was in charge. It took until 2006 to clear up all the lawsuits and put the Aerocharger back on the market. It was at this time I took ownership and control of the current company. I wonder if Gus had a problem with Jim or G.S. or did he save his hate for us. Now Jim and Gus are buddies. Word on the street is that Jim blames me for the termination of his license and with Jim and Gus being buddies now everybody may understand “The Gus Agenda.” Gus has been kind enough to offer that if we pay him 10K he will stop bashing us. So there you have it, this is why you can’t believe anything that comes from Gus or Dynotech Research concerning the Aerocharger. I don’t even know if he ever ordered turbos or if that is just a story. We are very happy with the current success of the Aerocharger and the many improvements we have made over the years. We even back this up with the industries top warranty. One year on the entire kit and turbo for workmanship. Three years 50% off of turbo repairs no matter what you do. Let say dummy puts 87 octane in and burns a piston down. If the piston damages the vane he will be looking at 187.00 for parts and 179 labor. The total after the discount is 183.00. Not too bad.

Did somebody say there is something on Jim’s website about the Aerocharger? I will be looking into that.

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
Just finished up the build on the new 2012 Ski-doo E-Tec with an Hm Turbos air-to-air inter-cooled turbo kit! We ran the sled Thursday at 5.5#s of boost, on 91 octane pump, with very good results, in Shane's words the sled "hauls the mail". We had about 35" of fresh heavy wet snow and the E-Tec worked flawlessly, even grinding through deep stuff in the trees and up some pretty nasty hills, it back shifts excellent with our clutch kit. Check out our website: hmturbos.com

So what we were talking about is HM’s Ski-Doo Turbo! HM is a dealer for us and is able to provide his customers with installs and tuning based on his many years of experience racing Aerochargers in RMSHA.

G
Apr 23, 2008
No offer was made peaches,, you asked me if you made good on your companies mistake,,, I only was dumb enough to answer the phone..

Why would Jim's regime have anything to do with it .? Jim did not own it when the issue occurred. Your family did..

I let the dog die ,, you brought it back out with your threats on the phone.

live long and prosper.

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
No offer was made peaches,, you asked me if you made good on your companies mistake,,, I only was dumb enough to answer the phone..

Why would Jim's regime have anything to do with it .? Jim did not own it when the issue occurred. Your family did..

I let the dog die ,, you brought it back out with your threats on the phone.

live long and prosper.

RIGHT!! Do you want to hear the recording? Born at night but not last night. Enjoy riding your Dyno. I have a race team to get back to. I will be sure to tell your friends at BRP hi for ya... That's right you could not name anybody in the dept that know who you are. How is the Boondocker/BRP lie working out for you?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Hey Brad

Thank Andrew for the free apparel. I would have been happy to pay for it though. Pleeeeease get some hoodies made up. I love wearing hoodies when I'm sledding... actually I just love wearing hoodies period. Maybe even with an RMSHA logo on the arm too. Love the parts breakdown on the back of the tee!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Hey Gus

Sorry to hear that things went all squirrely for ya with Aero. Its really too bad. I would have loved to have met "Aerocharger_Gus" on snowest! Doesn't look like thats ever going to happen. I don't even know what to say... quit the story.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Sounds like Aerochargers have indeed come a long way from some troubled times. Old wounds heal slowly.
Looks like BRP's RMSHA teams are having some nice successes with them, as I know Felker is.

Glad to see another outfit developing products for SkiDoo and growing a dealer channel to support the customers.
They could be spending their time on Cat Poop.

MD.

T
Nov 28, 2010
I have an aerocharger e-Tec or e torch however they rant to call it. It has 1500 miles on it and could not be happeyer with it. Onely problem with it was fouled a plug but It was warentyed. Thank you Felker motorsports fore all you help this thing is amazing.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
WE, THE SNOWEST JURY, HEREBY FIND THE DEFENDANT, GUS BOHNE, "GUILTY" OF USING SNOWEST FORUMS WITH THE INTENT TO HARM, SLANDER, AND USE FALSIFIED INFORMATION TO FORM A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE MINDS OF CURRENT AND FUTURE USERS OF AEROCHARGER ETEC TURBO SYSTEMS.

IT IS NOW CLEAR TO THE JURY, IT HAS BEEN HIS PERSONAL INTENT TO INHIBIT THE SALES OF AEROCHARGER TURBO SYSTEMS TO CUSTOMERS OF THE SNOWEST FORUM, THROUGH HIS TACTICS.

WE, THE JURY, HERBY SENTENCE YOU TO THE FOLLOWING:

GUS BOHNE, YOU ARE HEREBY PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY FUTURE TURBO DISCUSSIONS REGARDING THE USE OF AEROCHARGER ETEC TURBO SYSTEMS ON THIS FORUM.

COMMENTS FROM THE JURY PLEASE......

M
Nov 13, 2008
Aero Boost

Jury#?......Guilty. I always wondered why Gus had a Bohne to pick, now we know. His ranting has kept me from looking at Aero for awhile, infact I bought a Garrett for my 09 and I own an E-Tec....WTF !!! His post never make complete sense, a little bit about this, a little bit about that, snidbit here, snidbit there, just about to make a complete sentence and he'll start a new one off the topic then end it with something off the wall..... Lawsuit. I'm not about to pay for some info on projects that are ONLY built for the Dyno, Ill go to the mountain and ride one, better yet ill head for TURBOdays with "HM TURBOS!! Glad he pushes turbo limits but don't act like TURBOGOD-----"the 1&only" Didn't he even pick 1 lucky Etec owner to show how it's done, where's that sled? I guess it's waiting on a coil:( We must give him some credit, afterall he did invent the Turbo Reeds that none of us are allowed to use.

Kudos to the Aero crew! They've answered my questions, posted reviews, talked about the progression of the setup and stepped up when stepped on. Thanks for bringing them to Montana! I live in a small town in Montana and know of 2 Aero kits within my area. They are out there, they are working :) Now we don't have to travel thousands of miles and spend thousands of extra dollars for a extra special setup from the East Coast that just might not even run out here....We have Aero working with SkiDoo.... Enough said.

L

Love-n-Life

Nov 26, 2007
CO
Donnie, love the post. Well said. I would say that this about sums up what a lot of us have been thinking about GUS and his attacks on anyone riding an etec or an turbo from aero charger.

Gus, maybe the poo or cat guys need a new expert over there. As for me I have had enough of you on the skidoo turbo section..

If you choose to stick around, let's try to be positive and support the brand (skidoo) vs tear it down..

I'm out...lol

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Donnie, love the post. Well said. I would say that this about sums up what a lot of us have been thinking about GUS and his attacks on anyone riding an etec or an turbo from aero charger.

Gus, maybe the poo or cat guys need a new expert over there. As for me I have had enough of you on the skidoo turbo section..

If you choose to stick around, let's try to be positive and support the brand (skidoo) vs tear it down..

I'm out...lol

Wow wow slow down leave polaris off the list we are alright :nono:

Premium Features