• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don't buy a sled from twsandrew

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Some people's kids.

I sold a set of rails to a guy up in Smithers BC. When I went to package them I noticed one of the adjuster bolts wouldn't turn by hand. I put a wrench on it and it quickly locked up. I could have taped the box shut and mailed them off, after all he lived in BC what the hell would he have been able to do? Well, I'm certain my mother or father would smack me in the face if they ever learned I did somthing like that. I emailed the guy in BC giving him some options: I can replace the tensioner then ship, refund his money now so he can try to find something sooner, or send the rails now and the new tensioner as soon as it came in. Ended up replacing the tensioner then shipping, cost me an extra $18 or something, but saved me some sleep and saved that guy the frustration of getting taken advantage of.
I've never had a bad transaction on this site. There was one occasion I thought I might get ripped off but the parts did arrive eventually and all was well.

My point being; the overwhelming majority on this site are honest individuals. So, thanks to everyone that makes an effort not to **** over their fellow sledder. To the dishonest, as well as stupid individuals, I don't understand how you get by in life.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
im confidant in the stuff i sell...i ship it before payment...if the guy on the other end has two hands and a arseho i know he will pay when he see;s the shape of what i sell..

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
im totally not gonna read this thread, however i did get to the 5th or so post...

ive rode with andrew 2-3 times all on this sled in question, hes one of the most solid dudes i have ever been around, super polite and a heart of gold. with that said, with the minimal conversations we had it was clear he was not the worlds best tuner, but IMO 90% of snowest posters aren't folks who should talk much about tech stuff, get my drift, yes im saying 90% of folks who post on this site should kindly STFU and talk a back seat, this is the sole reason quality folks dont post on this chit site any longer:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-coo

i would bet good money andrew knew not of any issues that would later be problematic, anyone who has had conversation with this man would know exactly what im talking about.

with all said, ICR knows who i am and could of asked my opinion before this sled purchase, but hes far too busy being a internet BRO

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
I didn't know you were familiar with the sled when I bought it hatch, so I apologize for not consulting you earlier. What is your opinion of the sled? Is it worth the price it was offered at and do you think its reasonable to advertise the sled in "flawless" condition?

Thanks for the input.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I dont have a dog in this hunt but it sounds like an offer was made to try and make this right early on in the deal. ( i know "right" will vary with people) I would have tried to negotiate something when that offer was made. Might not have been exactly what you wanted but atleast you wouldnt be standing there with your d**k in your hand. "As is" is just that. Its a bummer that happened and i would be pissed if i was in your shoes but regardless of whats going on now i think you missed an opportunity to recoup some costs when that window was open even if it was only opened a lil' . Just my 2 cents

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
BRO, all i have is a complicated response to your question, i also have no BRObias in this matter...

On the subject of "flawless", this is a loose term and many veteran turboBRO sled owners will say a sled is the "tits" or "flawless" if it has ran well for a good half season, even if this subject sled is held together with zip ties and duct tape. While a non-turBRO rider will say his sled is clapped out if its max RPM is 100 low....ive only been a boosted guy for 5 years, many others have more years and will surely speach volumes of WTF im trying to say.

i know nothing about the worth of a heavy chute slayer sled, so my thoughts are simple, its worth whatever a BRO will pay, usually worth more but a mute point nonetheless

in all seriousness, it sucks to hear you're having troubles with this sled, but i kinda sorta know andrew and hes the last dude on this site to shaft someone, and folks like zebBRO are the first i would go to for any issues with this sled, but you're from alaska so im guessing you took the advice of the other 2 turbo dudes in alaska or phoned a friend at Anchorage BROmaha

sidenote - i feel a post is more enjoyable to read with several randumb acts of "BROkindness"....sorry to those who BRO otherwise

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Figure out everything that is obviously wrong. Not the little crap but ALL the big stuff. Put a reasonable dollar value on all of it. Split that number in half. Andrew send him a check for that. Done. No one is whole, both parties share the pain.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
I will keep this simple. I have always known Andrew to be a good and honest guy. If he does not work on his sleds it would probably be because he is extremely busy and likes riding more than wrenching. Nothing wrong with that. Last season I saw that sled run and it was as advertised: it ripped! Some of the "problems" listed don't seem like issues imo. I don't have zip ties on my boost lines and my sled passes a pressure test just fine. I have also seen some pretty "chewed" up turbo fins perform really well. Only takes a little frozen moisture to do some indiscernable "damage" without jeopardizing performance.

Bottom line is that Andrew tried to meet you in the middle initially. Sounds like that ship has sailed. For that kind of coin and that kind of sled I would have spent the money to fly down and check the sled out myself.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
im totally not gonna read this thread, however i did get to the 5th or so post...

ive rode with andrew 2-3 times all on this sled in question, hes one of the most solid dudes i have ever been around, super polite and a heart of gold. with that said, with the minimal conversations we had it was clear he was not the worlds best tuner, but IMO 90% of snowest posters aren't folks who should talk much about tech stuff, get my drift, yes im saying 90% of folks who post on this site should kindly STFU and talk a back seat, this is the sole reason quality folks dont post on this chit site any longer:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-coo

i would bet good money andrew knew not of any issues that would later be problematic, anyone who has had conversation with this man would know exactly what im talking about.

with all said, ICR knows who i am and could of asked my opinion before this sled purchase, but hes far too busy being a internet BRO

Nice rant, but it is irrelevant to this......

The guy SAID to the buyer this was a solid sled, and the sled did not run as advertised...

You say he did not know that the sled would have later problems........ Lets get this clear, it was not later, it was right away, the moment the sled was started and run for the very first time.....

Solid guy or not, he misrepresented the sled, period........ Knowingly or unknowingly.......

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Well I've read this post and I guess I'll throw in my 1 1/2 cents (I'm in Canada) worth. I'm the guy in Smithers Goinboardin sold those rails to and what he said in his post is exactly what he did. I offered to pay the extra for the adjuster because he gave me such a good deal and he turned me down flat, wouldn't take my money. I don't know anything about the OP's problems so I have nothing to say about that. I did just sell a sled a couple of months ago locally, it was a '98 700 that belonged to my daughter, wasn't in the best shape but was a good solid sled. It had a fresh engine in it, some used parts, most new. New replated cylinders, pistons, used bottom end with maybe 500 miles on it, after I rebuilt it I had about 200 miles on it, all pretty easy miles by my daughter. The young guy that bought it came out twice to look at it, brought a cousin with him, and I showed him every wart and ding that sled had and before he handed me the cheque I said what you see is what you get, are you sure you want it? Well he bought it and 2 days later he's on the phone, it burned down the mag side and it's my fault. Did you run it at home on the farm (in the valley, it had stock polaris jetting) and not rejet it like I recommended? Well yes. Did you put fresh gas in it and not some crap out of dads tractor? no, it was fresh gas. Altho he did say it happened just after he filled it up the first time. Did you top up the oil? who knows. You get the picture. I sold that kid a solid, fresh engine and I'll look God in the eye and tell him that, yet he thinks I screwed him. I even bought him a piston and a top end gasket kit because I felt bad for him and then he brings his dad out to lean on me, thats when you got to say "enough" Anyway I read this thread and thats what it reminded me about, I don't think anyone was trying to screw anyone, just poor comunication and two different opions of what "flawless" means. Rant over.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
they both sound like real nice people...im not letting anything i read in this thread change my thoughts on these two gentlemen...

not that my thoughts should matter anyway.....lol..

i just really don;t like these type of threads though...i wish Samantha would wiggle her nose and it would disappear

I
Nov 26, 2007
I will keep this simple. I have always known Andrew to be a good and honest guy. If he does not work on his sleds it would probably be because he is extremely busy and likes riding more than wrenching. Nothing wrong with that. Last season I saw that sled run and it was as advertised: it ripped! Some of the "problems" listed don't seem like issues imo. I don't have zip ties on my boost lines and my sled passes a pressure test just fine. I have also seen some pretty "chewed" up turbo fins perform really well. Only takes a little frozen moisture to do some indiscernable "damage" without jeopardizing performance.

Bottom line is that Andrew tried to meet you in the middle initially. Sounds like that ship has sailed. For that kind of coin and that kind of sled I would have spent the money to fly down and check the sled out myself.

Down play the problems if you like, I'm glad your sled doesn't have zip ties or a boost leak. Mine does. Is the cracked header not a problem either? Blown turbo, nonissue? For the last time, Andrew did not try to meet me in the middle, he offered to buy the turbo I had to replace on the flawless sled he sold me.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Is the cracked header something you would have seen if you had flown down to inspect the sled?

I guess the question should be: What would make you happy at this point?

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
are yall still really fightin about this incodent? get to workin on the sled or get the hell rid of it. andrew offered something, you turned it down. You are on your own at this point.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
but you're from alaska so im guessing you took the advice of the other 2 turbo dudes in alaska or phoned a friend at Anchorage BROmaha

Chill. In two posts you managed to insult the entire SW forum and now you're attacking my home, because you don't like what one guy posted. Uncool. If you had bothered to read past the first 5 posts, you'd have seen there are a variety of opinions here. Coming in and stating you didn't even bother to read and then start dishing out insults just makes you look utterly clueless.

Premium Features