• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond-S MFG Titanium Can Comparison

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Pointing out the stupidity of your argument is not crying. It's pointing out the stupidity of your argument. And I do drink whiskey so we can totally hang out.

Have fun with your forest plan revisions in Oregon when they start picking up subpart C of the travel management rule. I mean you certainly know what that is right? Because everything Murph and I are telling you is going to matter.

Good luck!
It's not pretty. And your loud can will be used against you.

Yawn..

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
GGB loud cans are loud as FAWK
so are Bikeman loud cans

sorry to single ya out GGB and BMP but thats first hand experience

I can't speak for other brands

who are we kidding louder sleds means negative attention from outsiders it's a personal choice but it may affect riding areas in the future like it or not

i can't speak for other louder type cans

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
I have Diamond S but yet to ride the sled. Top notch product for sure.

Last I spoke with Scott a few weeks ago he was looking to get on dyno, has anyone heard results? I am a little nervous with new sensor from Polaris in can and how aftermarket could effect mapping?

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Good info, thnx for sharing. So basically 88@4000. So stock with my 18 polaris pro rmk 800 is like 73/78.. a ggb mtn is 4-6 higher ay idle and 10-18 at WOT. With those numbers as they are stated its pretty close. Unless I misread something.. which is possible, im tired..

Forgot to add.. if I recall the ktm 250 version of ur bike has diff emissions in comparison to a mx version. My buddy rides ktm and his was never as loud as my kx or cr’s maybe cuz the ktm muffler is so long/baffled? I dunno.

By your own admission the ggb mtn is 10-18 db louder.
Apparently you dont understand what that means. Every 10 db is twice the perceived level of sound. So your saying the ggb you like is between twice to three times as loud as a stock sled!
That is not "pretty close" that is not even remotely close.
I believe a stock sled is mid 90's db ballpark at wfo. your saying then a ggb can is approx 110-120 db!
A loud rock concert is rated between 115-120 db typically.
Just so you can have a perspective.
I thought it was cool to have a loud piped sled when I was 20-25 yrs old to but that was 20-25 years ago.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Best post I've read in the forums all year. I want to lose the weight but the loud cans have to go. Loud cans will only help close our public lands to motorized vehicles.:face-icon-small-sad
I'm looking to buy a can that is 6 to 7 lbs lighter that is similar to stock. If it made less noise than stock I would see extra value. Which means I'd pay more.:light:

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
By your own admission the ggb mtn is 10-18 db louder.
Apparently you dont understand what that means. Every 10 db is twice the perceived level of sound. So your saying the ggb you like is between twice to three times as loud as a stock sled!
That is not "pretty close" that is not even remotely close.
I believe a stock sled is mid 90's db ballpark at wfo. your saying then a ggb can is approx 110-120 db!
A loud rock concert is rated between 115-120 db typically.
Just so you can have a perspective.
I thought it was cool to have a loud piped sled when I was 20-25 yrs old to but that was 20-25 years ago.

Ok mr sound engineer.. again I could 2, maybe even 3 ****s less what u think. If its not apparent already...u should read a book on something other than sound amplificatiion oh drummer boy. And plz stop saying “so your saying”, because I didnt say its twice to three times louder than stock, you did.

I also thought loud pipes were cool 20-25 years ago... and still do.. i can repeat myself several more times if needed..

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Best post I've read in the forums all year. I want to lose the weight but the loud cans have to go. Loud cans will only help close our public lands to motorized vehicles.:face-icon-small-sad
I'm looking to buy a can that is 6 to 7 lbs lighter that is similar to stock. If it made less noise than stock I would see extra value. Which means I'd pay more.:light:

Get a GGB quiet can, u will lose about 14lbs and love it.

T
Sep 10, 2009
Get a GGB quiet can, u will lose about 14lbs and love it.

The stock can weighs 15.6 lbs. You are claiming the GGB can weighs 1.6 lbs? I’ve held those heavy cans before, I’d guess they are close to 10 lbs.

I would never consider purchasing any GGB can until they drop the mountain loud can line. I’m not going to support a company who makes a product that goes against what so many sledders are fighting for - keeping riding areas open. Same goes for bikeman, slp with its twins, etc.

Diamond - thanks for caring about the future of the sport and not offering a loud option even tho it affects your bottom line with less sales.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
The stock can weighs 15.6 lbs. You are claiming the GGB can weighs 1.6 lbs? I’ve held those heavy cans before, I’d guess they are close to 10 lbs.

I would never consider purchasing any GGB can until they drop the mountain loud can line. I’m not going to support a company who makes a product that goes against what so many sledders are fighting for - keeping riding areas open. Same goes for bikeman, slp with its twins, etc.

Diamond - thanks for caring about the future of the sport and not offering a loud option even tho it affects your bottom line with less sales.

they are 4lbs. My stock was 19lbs.. by all means tho, carry on with ur rant.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT

Get the diamond S, you will love it

Stupid light and really nice tone for sure :face-icon-small-coo

And yeah the stock massive can is a tank for sure, totally insane on a 400 ish pound sled

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
800's Stock cans are around 19-20 lbs. Just weighed mine and was 19.5 lbs.
Jaws trail can (ceramic coated) was 6.5 lbs.

Last edited:

dw8

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do this comparison! I hunted for days trying to find this kind real world information backed up with a number. It was worth the extra money to remain as close to stock levels as possible for me.

Great work! And please send some of that snow our way

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

Awesome!!! This is the message we need to send to the aftermarket companies.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I will more than likely continue to ride with the stock Polaris suitcase, I like the tone. My favorite part is blowing by those who have purchased horsepower robbing noise makers. I run 2 grams more weight than everyone I ride with because most have to de-tune on account of a can. It appears the extra weight also generates enough extra horsepower to overcome it. Many refuse to believe, which makes for more fun on the mountain, they tune: I get to ride a very consistent machine. The jury is still out on SLP's can (possibly same power as stock) most others simply generate noise,hate, and discontent with the skiers.

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Haha I’d argue that is worse. Most trails are run across private land and can have permission taken away at the property owners discretion. Loud cans aren’t doing anybody any favors these days

This article was posted earlier this afternoon so it was a coincidence but solidifies what some of us are stating in this thread about loud cans. I’d encourage those looking at exhaust mods to do so responsibly. I know this article talks about the UP but it’s the same thing that Murph, kidwoo, and tmberro are getting at.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/224028e#.XB1IUxOUEN8.facebook

Sorry to hijack your thread Travis, glad Diamond-S has a reasonable offering for those looking to drop some weight from the stock can.

Last edited:
Premium Features