• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutler 1150 bogging issue

Z
Apr 13, 2010
got broken bolts extracted free from my uncle in a matter of 30 min and got new bolts and gastkets coming from cutlers should have her back together tomorrow night and have her rejetted by thursday and hope like heck she is riding the mountains on saturday!

Z
Apr 13, 2010
she is back together and running we will see how she does on saturday that is if I can afford gas for it and diesel to get there and two new batteries in the truck

Z
Apr 13, 2010
it ran good and we put larger jets in it with new plugs and it seemed to run much better. it still has a sputter in it but we suspect maybe just need to adjust the floats in the bowls to keep it from flooding it. I dont know any of you who are running this motor but something still might not be right my buddy can beat me on his stock 900 with a can on it. granted he is like 160 lbs and im 265lbs

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
it ran good and we put larger jets in it with new plugs and it seemed to run much better. it still has a sputter in it but we suspect maybe just need to adjust the floats in the bowls to keep it from flooding it. I dont know any of you who are running this motor but something still might not be right my buddy can beat me on his stock 900 with a can on it. granted he is like 160 lbs and im 265lbs

somthing is still not right,a well set up cutler,will eat any stocker or mod without big bore or turbo,it usually makes the highmark hero running a stocker quite grumpy..do you have egt gauge.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
A properly running 1150 should never lose to a great running 900...given that the 900 isn't on nitrous or boost.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Could be....but you don't need the exhaust temps until after you've tuned your plugs, carbs and clutching.

Once they are tuned, then whatever the EGTs are for that set-up you go with the baseline that the EGTs are reading.

Premium Features