• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom/non custom beds for hauler builds? Who do you recommend?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have a friend who is building up a '24 F550 cab/chassis setup for hauling/towing his toys around and is looking for a bed.

Who are you folks using or who do you recommend? Available in USA would be preferred.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
No recommendations on manufacturers, but here's the F-450 CC that Dan Adams built that has some good features.

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019
If a guy was really serious about hauling the toys around... I have thought one of these beds would work great on a 550 cab and chassis. 8' wide, good ramp and side door. 2 place enclosed trailer on the back of a pickup.

morgan-dry-freight-proscape-van-23-mobile.jpg morgan-dry-freight-proscape-van-24-mobile.gif

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019

These guys make custom flatbeds for sleds etc. I have had one of their sled decks that I am thinking of cutting down for my new F-350 cab and chassis with Norstar 4 box aluminum flatbed I am putting together now. Mine is a single rear wheel so the flatbed will be 7 'wide by 9'4" long. The expandable sides won't stick out when tucked in.

Being able to pull it off for the summer works for me rather than modifying the flatbed for sleds, bikes with ramp etc. I need it as a work truck for most of the year also. I think if i cut it down to the bottom of where the ramp slides in, it should only stick up to about where the removeable 6" bed sides will be. We'll see I guess, that's what I am thinking. I will mock it up when I get it back with the bed on it. Hopefully it works out like I think it will. Just an idea.

20231212_140937.jpg 20220205_082916.jpg

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC
They’re in Canada, but gives you some ideas:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They’re in Canada, but gives you some ideas:

This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, but stateside.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Any idea who's bed this is?
In the video he said it started as a standard CM flatbed that his buddy skirted in for him.

I'm curious what a custom flatbed runs for pricing these days. I've been looking at nicer skirted flatbeds with 4 tool boxes and they are about $7k by themselves.

Premium Features