• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPI Polaris 800 Dragon Twin Pipes

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
You know what is very interesting about my 800 with twin pipes. Too the man, of people coming from their own single SLP piped 800's that rode this twin piped 800 said that they preferred the grunt or snappiness of their single piped sled. Funny thing is we would drag race and at absolutely no time did one of those sleds even inch out in front especially at the start...same sleds same pilots. Pretty much hit the go...pretty even and after the first 30-40 feet the twins simply pull away bye bye gone. I can only guess that the feel of the stronger mid range pull makes them feel lethargic in the bottom end. Feels like it hauls the mail to me so I always kind of roll my eyes when I hear this....and it's really fun proving it!

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i know this is a drag race but i raced a 800xp a friend of mine when i had my single he killed my not even close i put my twins on raced the same sled i stayed right with him till were were hauling the mail he barely started to pull away so there must be some power gain but then again iam not trying to put you down just my own exsperinces mine also was a 700 dont roll your eyes to much you will get dizzy

and nelson your only an hour away from me you can come see the difference for yourself i will have my friend bring the same exact sled as mine but he has a single just hit me up before you buy your pipes for this comeing winter

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
i know this is a drag race but i raced a 800xp a friend of mine when i had my single he killed my not even close i put my twins on raced the same sled i stayed right with him till were were hauling the mail he barely started to pull away so there must be some power gain but then again iam not trying to put you down just my own exsperinces mine also was a 700 dont roll your eyes to much you will get dizzy

and nelson your only an hour away from me you can come see the difference for yourself i will have my friend bring the same exact sled as mine but he has a single just hit me up before you buy your pipes for this comeing winter

Did you get your motor back together in the 700? I'll definetly let you know, I make it over to Kalispell quite often. As of now my riding season is cut short.:mad:

A buddy of mine rolled is Polaris Razor with me in it and shattered my elbow. I've been in and out of a couple surgeories and pending here within the next month I may be going into another. I'm hoping I can make it spring riding but its not looking so great.

Last edited:
S
Mar 5, 2022
Utah
I've been running the same setup as Tom from Carl's as well. Little different suspension and I run a slightly lower profile track that is significantly stiffer. You are right this is a very impressive setup. The only disadvantage is the race gas mix. I've tested several ecu combo's, clutch packages, as well as the two styles of head compression setups. This setup kills a stock engine basic SLP single pipe and Carl's clutched sled of equal chassis. You cannot and would not know that this sled is twin piped unless you lifted the hood. Very quiet and NO inferior out of the hole performance sometimes associated to twins. Leaves with a very very impressive full mod engine with SLP single pipe setup then pulls it slightly at mid range and holds a length advantage. Obviously you can tune either to behave differently so that is just for a common ground comparison. I know that many many guys that have ridden with Tom from Carl's have commented on this setup's performance. The one I have is also outstanding for a stock 800 engine.

It would be interesting to see or compare these CPI pipes. Appears that rather then a computer set ecu that the customer tunes with a control box. No doubt the stinger style exhaust baffles will be louder and most likely increase HP. The heavy and restrictive SLP 2 to 1 cannister is a slight performance sacrefice over stingers but a HUGE noise advantage. Waiting and watching this thread for someone who has ran these for some legitimacy of claims. Also if anyone in W Idaho E Oregon has a set and would like to get together for comparisons please pm me ....still a month or so of test snow still available.
I know the thread was years ago but I’m trying to find a ecu flash or something so I can run this set up on my 09 dragon any help would be greatly appreciated please text or call 435-621-3346

Premium Features