• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant Change Help Required

G
Jan 10, 2020
I want to change the coolant on my 99 600 rmk as it is probably it's original coolant. I recently bought the service manual and it does not even explain how to do this. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Not at all impressed with the new service manual.

G
Jan 10, 2020
I also picked up a new water pump belt and I need help to change this as I have read on here that the original belt is prone to failure. Again the manual does not include this procedure also. Thanks

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Water pump belt procedure is in the engine section on page 3.50 . As far as draining coolant I had that same sled for 12,500 miles and never changed the coolant. I guess the best place to do so would be to remove one of the coolant hoses from the water pump and let it drain. If you do drain it make sure you bleed the air out of the system when you refill it. You can find the procedure on page 3.85. I don't believe it mentions lifting the front end of the sled but it helps to get the air out of the tunnel coolers if the front end is higher.

Last edited:
G
Jan 10, 2020
My sled is a 1999 and probably still has the original coolant, and I want to change it. I do not have the same book as you do. My book that I bought this year from Polaris is the 1999 universal snow, owners safety and maintenance manual, pages numbered 1-148. Thank you for the information. Also I would not be asking for help if it was in my manual, as I stated when I opened this thread.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Okay, here are the two pages I referred to.

Attachments

• Polaris water pump belt.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Polaris bleeding cooling system.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
X
Jun 13, 2020
The water siphon belt method is in the motor segment on page 3.50. To the extent depleting coolant I had that equivalent sled for 12,500 miles and never changed the coolant. I surmise the best spot to do so is expel one of the coolant hoses from the water siphon and let it channel. On the off chance that you do deplete it ensures you drain the let some circulation into of the framework when you top off it.

Premium Features