• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cool place near south lake?

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
me and a few buddies are coming from Chico/Lake Almanor area for a 4 day weekend of riding around tahoe. looking for a cool place to stay near blue lakes riding area/ kirkwood. any ideas? we are also looking for another cool place to ride in that area of south lake. any input would be appreciated

we are all on 2015+ sleds, good riders and looking for boondocking, powder, sidehilling, hillclimbs. Thanks everyone

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
there is not any place to stay around blue lakes/kirkwood. maybe you can find a private house in kirkwood.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT STAY AT OR SUPPORT SORENSEN’S RESORT, in Hope Valley. They are one of, if not the number 1 driving force behind getting all our area shut down to snowmobiling. They hate snowmobiling with a passion. Over the last few years, they have managed to advocate at achieve getting at least 50% of the riding area closed.:face-icon-small-fro

your best bet would be to stay in south lake and make the easy 30 min drive out.

there is not really any other place to ride on this side of the lake, we have lost probably 3 ft of snow in the last 2 weeks.
best bet would be to head over to the north side, truckee; little truckee summit.

have fun

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I WILL Not be staying at sorensons. we probably will find somewhere in south lake to stay and have some fun.

As for snow melting, its melted like crazy everywhere. I ride the north side of tahoe a lot as I am from 2+ hours north in lake Tahoe. Just trying to have a weekend of new scenery. It sounds like this storm has been very good up high. This weekend is going to be a blast!!!

Premium Features