• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke City

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
I guess I dont see the issue why would this cause access issue to the ride area? I feel it would promote more commerse in Cooke, Staying at a hotel is more realistic when you can drive a truck and trailer to it, less wear and tear on belts, tracks and engine running 50-60 MPH for 9 miles to get your bag to town and check into the hotel.

I guess i dont see the harm

H

HandoEX

Aug 5, 2020
North Dakota
I guess I dont see the issue why would this cause access issue to the ride area? I feel it would promote more commerse in Cooke, Staying at a hotel is more realistic when you can drive a truck and trailer to it, less wear and tear on belts, tracks and engine running 50-60 MPH for 9 miles to get your bag to town and check into the hotel.

The road is the trail to the backcountry, so if they plow the road, there won’t be a way to get to the back country on sleds since there isn’t another trail from town.

broz2006

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2014
Billings, MT
The road is the trail to the backcountry, so if they plow the road, there won’t be a way to get to the back country on sleds since there isn’t another trail from town.
Well there is a trail from town, low snow years its not the best for sure, they could be parking accomodations made at Lulu and Daisy. persoanlly I feel like it could make ridability better and would also like to keep 18 miles per ride off my sled and in my tank.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I would not go back to Cooke City if that road was plowed. I can’t imagine the parking gong show that would be created in town. Where in town can all the trailers at the pilot creek lot park? Now imagine the issues in the morning and evening when every one of those trailers have to be hauled out to a trailhead and back every day. Cooke City relies on snowmobiles in the winter, without them the town dies. Make things difficult because there’s insufficient parking and having to trailer every day and fight for parking mornings and evenings and sledders will just drive on by to Yellowstone.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com

Last I was there - I didn't see a min speed limit posted.
???

C
Dec 14, 2020

There's 2 trails. You can take Miller up to Daisy, and the other runs parallel to the highway up to Daisy and Lulu.

Most people ride the highway because they can go faster.

The Miller trail is always whooped out, and there's a ton of stumps just off the trail. But it's a nice scenic ride up to Daisy if you're ok taking it slow and easy.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I forget about the Miller trail. I think I've only taken it a few times but it does offer good views.

Premium Features