• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

compresion vs torsional spring settup

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
ok; im runin a 07 m8 stock 162 with 14-1 rkt head 5000' 75 gr lite tips stock yel/wte primary rkt 36 ,red/wite torsional settup. middle hole 40-42 mph 7500 ,stiffest setting 7800 38-40 mph and tore threads out of the belt, soffest 7400 41-42 mph. stock settup was same primary 44/40 orange same hill 41-43 mph no head. so im confused ive spent 750 $ on chit that was no better than my stock settup. am i missing somthing or any body have any ideas on wat to try. i put the kit on my boys m7 and it made a big differance in aceleration. he can kick my azz.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
ok; im runin a 07 m8 stock 162 with 14-1 rkt head 5000' 75 gr lite tips stock yel/wte primary rkt 36 ,red/wite torsional settup. middle hole 40-42 mph 7500 ,stiffest setting 7800 38-40 mph and tore threads out of the belt, soffest 7400 41-42 mph. stock settup was same primary 44/40 orange same hill 41-43 mph no head. so im confused ive spent 750 $ on chit that was no better than my stock settup. am i missing somthing or any body have any ideas on wat to try. i put the kit on my boys m7 and it made a big differance in aceleration. he can kick my azz.

08 M8 RKT head, torsion clutch with 34 helix.
Tried all types of springs/positions/weights in the clutch and could never get it to run. Put the stock second back on and it ran better, but worse than our other M8 which is stock. Put a BD box on and started adding fuel, and it improved quite a bit. Put the SLP single on and it improved drastically, yet our stock 08 with the added SLP single runs better. We are going to take a little more weight off the clutch and try it again this week. The next step will be taking the RKT head off and trying the stock head. Elev 7-10k.
We are more than impressed with the machine work of these parts, and we aren't going to say that they don't work. When you read up on what RKT is trying to accomplish with the parts it all should work and it should work well, so we are trying to find what we're missing. I will say that they arn't just something you throw on the sled and expect it to improve without any tuning. Ie. Fueling, weights.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
the settup im usin is the the way i was told to do it by rkt. im thinkin i need to try a 40 helix. the settup he gave me for my boys m7 was dead on. wen i used the stock 44 40 helix on the same hill,in deep snow it had a hard time pulling it. [ the hill i play on most has trees all along the bottom so theres only about 50' run before ur climbing]
if i went up an old track for a bit than go into the powder it would pull the 44 40 no problem, so thats y im thinkin a 40 in a torsional settup. the thing about rkt there hard to get ahold to,sometime days. so i figured with all the guys on here usin this stuff, somebody should have an answer

jacey

Premium Features