• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coatings to prevent tunnel ice?

W
Sep 8, 2015
will painting the tunnel on my 15 summit 163 help to stop all the icing? sure the outside of the tunnel is painted but not the inside really. can I paint teflon on there or something?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I tried Pam spray on my trucks mud flaps once. Sprayed driver side with Pam and passenger side was untreated. All flaps (oem gmc hard contoured plastic) still had equal ice build up.

Kicking the ice chunks, the Pam side probably released easier but if so, not by much.

I believe I tried coating sleds (2010. 8) left running board and didnt notice much if any diff. This was 10 hears ago or so.

I just know my results were not impressive so I never tested any more.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Smooth white vinyl like a wrap just on the inside ,my 09 has it between the coolers and on the tunnel sides.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have used a food grade ice machine blade spray and it worked for a little while. Ice still gathered where it could wrap around a part and cling to the sled like foot area and around the rear wheels bracket.

Premium Features