• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch problems maybe due to a bad cranks shaft bearing

Feb 7, 2014
Alright so this problem has happened to me 3 time once last year and 2 times in one day. So what is happening is the 3 weights inside my ski doo 2005 800 summit h.o. One keeps on coming out between the case on the outside edge. This last year it happened and I had to tow it of the mountain. So i took it to my dealer and they said it was just a bolt holding the weight was sheered so they fixed and it ran fine for 7 rides. Until my last ride it happened again and my crank shaft that holds the primary clutch was loose and we could slide it 3 inches back in forth. So we tighten it and about 8 miles more and it happened again. My question is should I just get it torched to the right setting or my buddy said it could be a bad bearing that is viberatig the crank shaft causing the primary clutch to move unevenly and cause it to come loose shoving that weight out. What should i do?

Premium Features