• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I keep it???

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
First of all thanks for the post. I just want to know if they sidehill the same,better,or worse than you're m and does it get ontop of the snow better? I bleed green and own 4 m8's my son liked the pro so we got one and all i can say is wow. It gets around in deep powder realy good and when u get it stuck its easier to get out. I guess i'm looking for someone to tell me with excitement that it's that good. I use to race cats in 90s and my good friend owns a cat dealership and race to,knows alot of poeple and he told me they were dissapointed with the pc8, I've heard from alot of people that have road them that there good but not that good,or they beat around the bush about it. I want someone to tell me will they make people "BETTER" like they say about the pro cause i need 2 of them and cant write the check yet. thanks.

what year M8s, that comparison comes from Polaris folks when comparing the Pro and Dragon, my experience when riding the Pro and 2011 M8 is they are very similar, no wow factor at all, Pro is good at some things and M is good at other things, just my experience :nod:

S

ski569

Oct 24, 2008
1 2010 162 turbo,2 2011 153 snopros,1 2011 hcr, not trying to say pro is better just was impressed with it in deep snow. I ride with 30-40 different friends a year and i'm the only cat guy,other than this year haven't owned a different brand since 94. Been pushing cats and alot of them where really going to do it till all neg. stuff. So there starting to get me to think when cat hasn't had alot of people saying what most want them to. I see there is a review that anwsers alot i was wondering about so thanks.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
1 2010 162 turbo,2 2011 153 snopros,1 2011 hcr, not trying to say pro is better just was impressed with it in deep snow. I ride with 30-40 different friends a year and i'm the only cat guy,other than this year haven't owned a different brand since 94. Been pushing cats and alot of them where really going to do it till all neg. stuff. So there starting to get me to think when cat hasn't had alot of people saying what most want them to. I see there is a review that anwsers alot i was wondering about so thanks.

I've got to agree with this guys question. I'm green at heart too, and have had 5 m-sleds and I'm not here to bag.
I'm on the pro now, and I feel that it is nothing like an M8 for handling. He mentioned that the pro gets up on top the snow, which is true, it is enough to make you say "wow, that sled gets up on the snow". Does the new cat feel like this?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
We couldn't answer that question on the day we rode.

Sorry, the snow here in MN sucked and we didn't get a Pro to show. We had invited one but he was busy. And all we had was the 1,100 turbo Cat.
Maybe someone will get a chance to do a side by side comparison before the season done. Revy?

Owen

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
That should be the most fun sled to ride.

I just couldn't give up the deep and steep on the days you need the longer track. But most of the time you'll be having more fun. Good times a comming.

Owen

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
questions for ya

I was looking at the XF too, but I cant get a straight answer from any dealers.

One says the Snopro XF comes with a telescoping handle bar and the next says that only the High Country come with it?

If you go to the parts catalog from cat it doesn't give you the SnoPro XF part to be able to change to the vertical post?

I would like to have the 1.5 track for back in the flat lands and put a 153 for out west.

Are the two going to be geared different?

Hmmmmm. Good thing there is a month before I have to order.

KJP

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
xf high country

I was looking at the XF too, but I cant get a straight answer from any dealers.

One says the Snopro XF comes with a telescoping handle bar and the next says that only the High Country come with it?

If you go to the parts catalog from cat it doesn't give you the SnoPro XF part to be able to change to the vertical post?

I would like to have the 1.5 track for back in the flat lands and put a 153 for out west.

Are the two going to be geared different?

Hmmmmm. Good thing there is a month before I have to order.

KJP

....yes....looks like its only the high country that comes with the vertical post(same as HCR and M800SP)
the first part number in the acc. book looks like it could be a direct change to go to the vertical post....its different from the 2nd part number which is the older models 05-11....so more to come!
as for a fun sled..... i believe so too.......and i will be doing the same....running the 1.5 for home and 2.25 for the north.

kerry

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Funny how everyone wants the lucky test riders to say "Wow" this is by far the best sled in the world and better than any sled AC has ever built. It will beat all other brands, on and on and on.....

The fact is if you want to compare the new proclimb to a King Cat it is "Wow" this is awesome. But like others have said Arctic cat made that WOW move with the M7, M chassis. The other manufactures made the change last year with the new XP, and the new Pro over the Dragon.

Personally I don't expect to be blown away with a this dramatic step change from the M to the PC chassis.

The only reason to change from the M to the PC for me is get rid of the DD and I like the torque plate between the motor and the jack shaft for clutch alignment. I am disappointed because I don't think I could ride the 800, I like the 1000. But don't really want the extra weight of the four-stroke turbo. So I guess is will be an easy choice for me this year. Wait and ride the old iron for a couple more years and see if AC comes out with a couple other motor options down the road.

Thunder

B

BAD MONKEY

Mar 21, 2011
Gunnison, Colorado
NICE REVIEW-- THANKS

GREAT REVIEW-- WAS LOOKIN FOR SOME FIRST HAND RIDING EXPERIENCE !! YOU SHOULD BE A SALES MAN CUZ I"M CHECKING ONE NOW AS WELL.. ONLY 1 Q 162 OR 153 ? I LOVE THE TREES AND TIGHT STUFF, IS THE 162 TOO LONG FOR LAYIN OVER O'S OR CAN YOU EVEN TELL THE DIFFERENCE
sorry this took so long but I was riding all weekend, I have my priorities :face-icon-small-hap

So I was one of the lucky few that got to ride the 2012 Cat mountain sleds, I am not a writer so take it easy on me please:loco:, but I will try to give you a feel for the new 2012 Proclinb.

My personnel ride: 2011M8 162 SP stock with can, I have owned 5 M series sleds, it fits me and I have a great dealer so I have been on Cat for awhile

I got to play with them for about 3 hours, we had a mixture of engineering mules and pre production units (PP), and a stock 2011 M8 153, it was cool to look over the mules and see the progress of these things, the fit and finish of the pre production units was very good for a early unit. All sleds had Float 2 shocks except HCR

Snow was holding up very well, and they got a little fresh the night before

They had some in the shop with the bodies off and I watched them put one together, it only took him a few minutes to put all 3 panels on, the guy said they are very easy to work on out on the trail.
So I rode the 2011 M8 153 half way in on the whooped out goat trails and that really gave me a chance to compare them later, half way in I switched to the PP 1100T HCR with conventional steering, I really wanted to see what this would do so every time I found some room I was spooling her up! WOW the 1100T is for real, a real WOW sled, big power fasted sled I have ever been on very fun power, but…….it did have the conventional steering and I just can’t get used to that, I am a stand up rider and it just fought with me in the trees, hated it on the goat trail but only because of the steering.

Rode into the play area and saw a big hill with nice fresh powder, pointed the HCR at the hill and held on, WOW went up way to fast with skis 4 feet in the air right over the top, did that a few times and the raw power was addicting but I needed to share so I traded for the PP M800 162 Vertical steering.

PP M800 162 Vertical steering., Ahh, this sled felt nice, very finished and the bars were perfect, landed right in your hands, spent about ½ hour playing on this, went right over the hill with skis in the air, no problem, went and found some tight trees to play in, I was throwing this thing around effortlessly if I want to turn I stepped on that running board and it turned instantly, just like my 2011 M8 only more precise, no push and the steering is so easy it felt like it had power steering compared the 2011 M

Traded for a Mule M800 153 Vertical steering, another nice sled just not as nice as the PP unit, went back in the trees again and was having a ball, wore myself out so went down for a break.

Had a break and talked to engineers about the steering on the 4 strokes, after I rested a bit the Engineer suggested I try the mule 1100T , they had one engineering mule 1100T with a prototype vertical post setup and 38 wide a arms, so I took that out and right away I could tell it was different, totally different beast set up this way, can't be compared to the 1100 HCR I rode with conventional steering, that one felt way heavier and fought me, this one was very fun and felt lighter, amazing what a difference the bars make and that turbo power put a smile on my face that is still there 2 days later.

Traded for another mule M800 162 and went looking for fresh trees to bash, I was really getting used to this new chassis now, very fun sleds very precise steering very easy steering, very easy to toss around once you got used to them.

It was time to go so they gathered us up, somebody wanted the mule M800 so I traded for the PP M800 162 again, my favorite sled, we headed out on that goat trail that beat the crap out of me riding the 2011 M8 that morning, different story now, these new sleds are just flat awesome banging down those whooped out trails, WOW I was jumping off the whoops banging around corners and it did everything I asked, no push in the corners at all, very precise steering

I was really loving this sled already so when the engineer stopped to let others catch up I asked him if I could take this one home, he just laughed and said he didn’t think that was possible.

Summery:
Chassis, very ridge and precise, feet are flat in foot well so no more smashed toes, stand on sled and it just feel right, this is the sled I have been waiting for.

Vertical steering: very nice, my choice for standing, bars land right in the hands, adjustable post does not come toward you anymore as you pull bars up, there position does not change just height, as for them being to tall! They are adjustable aren’t they?

1100T: WOW, big power, sounds very nice, very throaty exhaust and the turbo chirp, you know you love it yes it a bit heavy but with Vertical steering I could enjoy this sled a lot, if I had the money to own 2 sleds I would have one of these, really

M800: my favorite, what can I say, it has the best engine in the industry and now it has a new home, I was worried when I learned they were messing with my M sled but not anymore, I rode my M8 today, it took me 4 hours to feel at home on there again, really, the new sled just feels right, very nice balance without losing the good traits of old M

Conclusion, I will snow check a 2012 M800 SP

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
give me a video of a xp versus the new m8 running the trees and climbing, where is all the testsleds prior to new releases, sounds just like alot of cheerleading a product

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
hey fred, since you're so unbiased you might as well just write your review right now. something along the lines of "the etec destroyed pro rmk and cat proclimbs in the trees all day, used half the fuel, had cooler clutches, and more comfortable seats". there, i saved you a post.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i just have seed to many reports in the past where the sled right out rocks, then guys buy them to find out they are a money pit as well a pig to handle, look at the nitros... i rest my case

if articat was serious about this, they would have demos out showing what their product can do compared to others, sounds like they want their spring checkers to compare sleds at their exspense if it turns bad

i hope they work out, since they have had half a decade to fine tune the chassie, their motor should be a bullet

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
i just have seed to many reports in the past where the sled right out rocks, then guys buy them to find out they are a money pit as well a pig to handle, look at the nitros... i rest my case

if articat was serious about this, they would have demos out showing what their product can do compared to others, sounds like they want their spring checkers to compare sleds at their exspense if it turns bad

i hope they work out, since they have had half a decade to fine tune the chassie, their motor should be a bullet

WOW is all I can say:scared:

Premium Features