• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buff Pass conditions

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL

I'm looking to get an early ride in after Thanksgiving. I know it's early, low snow, obstacles to avoid, etc. It looks like the ears have decent snow to at least get a ride in. Did you have to travel far from the lot? I usually park at Muddy Creek, able to ride from there? Thanks in advance.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I'm looking to get an early ride in after Thanksgiving. I know it's early, low snow, obstacles to avoid, etc. It looks like the ears have decent snow to at least get a ride in. Did you have to travel far from the lot? I usually park at Muddy Creek, able to ride from there? Thanks in advance.
yes you should be fine but ill warn you 2 sleds got totaled that I know of, when I was there, I ride trees so it was slow riding over exposed logs if I was driving a long way I don't think it would be worth it but the ears is 45min away for me....... but then again it is snowing right now :)

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Who makes the front bumper on your early release? I like that!

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
cat does, so far so good I like It a lot better then last years bumper I will post a pict of it later today:)
Is that the proclimb bumper? The only one I have seen is way different than that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

C
Nov 28, 2017
Buff Pass Snow Condition

If you park on the Buff Pass side, Dry Lake Parkong lot, can you unload and ride from there? I'm assuming it's still a dirt road at this point... I'm coming from Denver, delaying on making the 3 hour drive??? Just installed a new Boondocker Turbo, I'm Jones'n
:face-icon-small-ton

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
Coming from NW Ia.

So we have always done an early trip the 2nd week of December for the last 3 years and have never been disappointed for "early" season snow at Buff Pass. This year looks to be rather sketchy.... is it worth a 10 hour drive or are we better off going to Togwotee as they have a little better snow.... only a 100 miles farther..... suggestions? Thanks!!!

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Madmaxx - I live in CO but have not yet been up to Rabbit Ears/Buff Pass. However, it has been DAMN warm. 74 degrees on Thanksgiving. From all of the reports I have been hearing, it has really hurt the snow levels here.

And, I was at Togwotee 2 weeks ago. They had 100+ inches. I have no idea what the weather has been since but if it was me, I would say you would have a better time there. The jet stream seems to be taking all the snow/moisture north and they are having a record start to the year. Not sure all this helps but good luck

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Buff Pass Current conditions?

I heard Buff got 7' (feet) this week!

Is there any truth to that?
Anybody been up this week?

R
Mar 16, 2010
You went up, or you're guessing?

Totally making things up!

Kidding. I've been out several times this year, most recently Christmas Eve. Road from Dry Lake was 100% snow on C-Eve, has been for about 3 weeks; 3-4 weeks ago, about a foot fell at Dry Lake, 2+ up high - the road has been snow from that point forward, but it was still very much snow-on-dirt at DLCG 3-4 weeks ago; it is solid snow now.

I don't know how much fell Christmas Day, but it'll hopefully have settled the snow a bit.

It is right on the edge of "good." Certainly not BAD, but there's still a ton of stuff lurking.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Thanks for the report!

I called the Allington in Kremlin 2 days ago and they said the ears are "intense" right now. Supposedly 3'+ fresh at the ears according to them.

How far as the crow flies to Buff from Ears?

Premium Features