• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broke the piece where my steering post bolts to the top of tunnel 2010 m8

Paul27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2008
Reno, NV
Installed the M-Rite support on my 2009 M8 and 2011 HCR, before anything cracked.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328953

Good kit, good instructions. Supports the A-frame. Everything fit perfect. No welding required. Goes on with simple tools, using bolts to the tunnel and rivets to the A-frame. Everything supplied in the kit.

Bought a 12" long x 1/4" drill bit at Lowes for $6, to ream out and align one 1/4" bolt hole, on the right end. That was my doing, not an M-Rite issue. When I drilled out the factory rivet and enlarged the hole to 1/4", my drill wandered a few thou. Was easier to re-drill with a long bit, with the M-Rite in place as a guide.

M-Rite Installed.jpg

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Post support

Post support

IMG_0395.1065837_std.JPG

http://hubsperformance.com/steering/steering_us_pricing

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
My 2010 isn't cracked yet but I'm thinking of doing the reinforcement. Looks to be a rivet on deal.

How much must be removed to install the reinforcement?

I was looking at mine the other day and it sure looks like that area would be under a lot of torque when you pull on skis to unstick/turn a sled because there is so much leverage. Maybe that's contributing/causing the problems.??

nielnich

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2010
Lusk, Wy
If you do the M Rite from Mod Rods, which is what I did on my 11, you just have to remove the dash plastic (?) where your knees go, pull the gas tank, pipe and A frame steering post. Uses a combo of nuts/bolts and rivets. Not a hard job. I am very pleased with it....Very sturdy product. Installed mine this fall, when the sled only had a couple hundred miles on it. Makes me happy I've got it every time I see threads like this....and there are a lot of them.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Hmm I only pulled my pipe and spark plugs I think never had to remove any thing else be sure and get all rivits removed the first time wiggle pull and push bang its in helps with a friend. PS I could not use the one screw as the steering would hang up on it works great.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
New easier design

I have 2 types one for cracks and for breaks.

We took all the rest of the bolts but 3 for easy install for maintenance and little cracks. So you can just take post out drill the 3 pop rivets out of stock plate and the plate drops in the 3 pop rivet holes, put post back in and place other plate on bottom and bolt up. The only thing need to be removed is pipe and post 30 min job. We still have a few of the ones with more bolts for the bigger cracked ones if needed. They are made out of stainless steel so they don't rust.

If you want to try it limited time only for the month of February. 55 shipped. in states 65 Canada

Last edited:
Premium Features