• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker turbo problem

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Tying to get to the bottom of a problem with my Cat bd turbo problem, sled suddenly died like you hit the kill switch. We have tested more things than I can remember, but essentially it has s adequate fuel pressure, power to controller, grounds good. Checked psi at pump, hooked pump up to 12v, you name it. You can unhook the bd harness and connect back to factory ecu and it STARTS fine. hook back up to bd harness and wont fire. We have checked fuel pressures, injector stuff, sent box and harness back to bd and they said they installed it on a sled and it worked fine. Sent it back to us and it wont start. But you unplug bd stuff, plug in factory ecu and it starts. So has to be in box or wiring harness of the bd stuff, imo. Spent countless hours w BD and my dealer trying to research problem. Sled has NOT ran the last 30 days, and Im weak on Boondocker turbos to say least. Im not a big fan of 4m tech advice, but my patience is at its end. Has anyone had any experience like this? Suggestions?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
do u have a friend with another box to try to swap out

try a different box to see if that works, then u know whether it's a box or wiring, i suspect the box

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Long shot but maybe a pin in the ecu is bent and not making contact with boondocker, but when you plug the stick connector in it is? I would also try a different box. Maybe there is a short in the wiring harness and during shipping and reinstallation at boondockers, it separated.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Thanks, I think its in the wiring. The box has power and lights up when you pull it over, but sled just wont fire. I presume BD is honest when they say they put my box/harness on a sled they had and it started, but makes no sense that they can send it right back to me and doesn't work on my sled. But bypass the BD Box/harness and plug in factory and it starts.

M
Nov 30, 2020
Tying to get to the bottom of a problem with my Cat bd turbo problem, sled suddenly died like you hit the kill switch. We have tested more things than I can remember, but essentially it has s adequate fuel pressure, power to controller, grounds good. Checked psi at pump, hooked pump up to 12v, you name it. You can unhook the bd harness and connect back to factory ecu and it STARTS fine. hook back up to bd harness and wont fire. We have checked fuel pressures, injector stuff, sent box and harness back to bd and they said they installed it on a sled and it worked fine. Sent it back to us and it wont start. But you unplug bd stuff, plug in factory ecu and it starts. So has to be in box or wiring harness of the bd stuff, imo. Spent countless hours w BD and my dealer trying to research problem. Sled has NOT ran the last 30 days, and Im weak on Boondocker turbos to say least. Im not a big fan of 4m tech advice, but my patience is at its end. Has anyone had any experience like this? Suggestions?

Premium Features