• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belts for xp

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
FWIW- I have been running the new Dayco XTX and have been comparing it to a 377 and 166. All were tested after 20 miles of break in. Track speed is 5 mph faster on the XTX and 166 than the 377. No signs of abnormal wear on the XTX and temperatures are the same on XTX as the 377. The 166 runs the hottest. Time will tell on the XTX longevity.

doomama800

Lifetime Membership
Apr 25, 2009
Wyoming
FYI. This is what I got back from a very well respected opinion on this subject.

We recommend only the Doo -377 or -288. Have seen the Gates and Carlisle belts cost guys cranks, footwells, clutch guards, side panels etc.....they are garbage. They work fine until they come apart...no warning, no smell, no pitching strings, just a violent explosion. But they might warranty the belt, just not all the damage they cause.

I hope that none of that happens but every 377 belt we ever had go bad didn't have any sign of going bad just exploded. Only thing left was threads wrapped aroung the clutches and belt gaurds so bent couldn't get them off, so I not sure the skidoo belt is any better. Just got a gates extreame try and let you know how it turns out.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
What's the verdict? Need a new topcog belt for the Everest as the stockers are junk and wear quickly and are old tech.

Premium Features