• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclawbob from Cooke city

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
With a new season and the covid still going strong, hope the U.S. doesn't get shut down. We have about 30 inches on the mountain and a few people have been up riding. I've heard of a few crashing and burning, and some are doing ok.

I've had a lot of calls asking if the Exxon will be open this winter. Yes it will, right after Thanksgiving.

We will be open then also. I'll be bringing lots of parts in this winter for most brands of sleds. Stop by if your needing A-arms, belts or other items come in and see me.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The snowman is still calling for snow starting tomorrow. We should think about starting the snow dance.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The same as last year. If your looking for a room, remember to say you want the snowest discount. This will save you money. See you soon.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Afternoon to everyone, we've picked up about an inch of snow today and 6-7 inches yesterday. The snowman is still calling for snow for tomorrow. We've had a lot of sleds come in today to ride and a few have been down looking for parts.
I do have the Montana and Wy permits in stock is your looking for them.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Bob mentioned that the Exxon will be opening, but everyone should know that they are no longer a Ski-Doo or Polaris dealer, so I doubt they will have parts anymore. I also believe that means they are no longer renting sleds. Hopefully Bob will be able to take care of everyone on both fronts. Thanks for the updates Bob!

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
After noon, the snowman is calling for more snow for Wednesday. I hope you've been doing the snow dance. We could use it. The weekend is looking good for guys coming in. But be careful when off the roads. You could hit something.

Hope everyone will have a great Thanksgiving.
The bakery will be open, starting this weekend. See you soon

I have a new shipment of radio's in, along with WY. and Mt. permits. Stop in and get yours.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello out of towner ... Looking for first ride in Cooke City. Where are accomodations? 4 people group (who plan it out) then maybe another group of 4-6 (self employed) who decide at the last minute. BTW happy turkey day

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'm hoping every one had a great Thanksgiving. The town was really busy this weekend. The bakery was open for the weekend. It will be closed Monday and Tuesday of each week. I and Terri would like to thank everyone that stopped in.

The snowman is not helping us this year. We have no snow coming in for at least 10 days. I need help with the snow dance. Lets all start tonight.

Remember we fill avalanche tanks and sell and rent all types of avalanche equipment.
If you are needing permits come in and see me.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I booked rooms for a week at Super 8 around New Years. Since bakery closed Mon-Tuesdays were there where would you go eat?
Group is trying to figuire out how to physically drive to Cooke City lets say from Las Vegas.
Web based direction guide has plots driving thru Wyoming BUT I think the roads will be closed?

I think EL Nina will help you out. Weather pattern forecast NOAA state generally dry until MID December. Unfortunately more than 2 weeks out forecast modeling is more art than science.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Go through Butte MT then head east to Livingston MT then south to Gardiner Mt then into Cooke city through the Park
Would 191 from West Yellowstone to Big Sky to Bozeman then to Cooke city be closer? Or is 191 closed from Big Sky to Bozeman?

You are thinking HWY 15 better maintained than secondary roads?

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
West Yellowstone to Bozeman is opened year round
I was thinking better roads through Butte. Butte pass can get bad

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Google maps shows it about the same maybe a hours difference
Unless the roads are really bad the fastest way is through Ennis cutting over to Bozeman at Norris. A little longer than through West, but better roads and you don't have the slow section through the park, so ends up being faster. If the roads are really bad then you might want to go through Butte. If you want a more scenic drive then go through West and Big Sky.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Let weather determine which way to Bozeman. 191 can be bad, even with the improvements the past few years. Big Sky to Bozeman is like LA traffic most mornings and evenings, and in bad weather less than fun. Think Road to Hana with snow/ice. And IP to WY can be rough when weather and wind rolls over Jefferson, too. Play it up to the day.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Afternoon from Cooke. We had 8 below this morning and now it sun shining and 12 above. We picked up 3-4 inches of snow yesterday morning. The snowman is calling for clear skies for 5 days. I need more people helping with the snow dance. The ones that have helped, keep it up.
Just for your information, the road east of town is passable at this time. Stay tuned for updates on that.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening from Cooke city Bearclaw, It was a great day with out snow. YUCK Dance, Dance, Dance. Keep up the snow dance. I've brought in a few more sleds along with Ski and Polaris parts. Got them in by UPS. HURRY!!!!! I can start helping guys with those sleds. I do carry cat parts also.

Premium Features