• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anywhere to rent a machine around valdez?

I
Mar 30, 2009
Im going to be in Valdez for 8 days end of march, beginning of april and want to rent a sled...Im flying into Anchorage, then either driving up to valdez or catching a plane, depending on if I have to rent a sled from somewhere around anchorage. Costs too much to ship my own machine, and Im not driving up there, so Im hoping to find something to rent. But there doesnt seem to be really much for rentals, especially around valdez...does anyone know anywhere I can call or email? I dont mind plunking down some cash to rent a good machine...any info?

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Tom at AK Toy Rental is pretty cool. Has a couple of every brand. Hes located in wasilla, so itd be about a 15 min side track off your path if youre going from anchorage to valdez.

I
Mar 30, 2009
I talked to ak toy rental, they gave me a quote for truck/trailer/summit x...for 8 days, wasnt too bad of a price. More than likely Ill go with ak toys, just would like to find something closer to valdez, just incase of being socked in with weather...I emailed alaska snow safaris, no reply yet from them.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I doubt you will find anything closer unless someone in Valdez want to rent you their sled. What is bringing you up for 8 days? Beautiful place, but not much there.

I
Mar 30, 2009
Good friend of mine has 3 or 4 day voucher left over from last year to go heli boarding on Thompson pass...I love snowboarding, and am bringing mine up, but I would much rather spend some money and rent a sled than drop 2g for 2 days in a heli...plus tailgate Alaska starts on April 1!! Lots of friends going to tailgate on the pass!

I
Mar 30, 2009
If anyone in the Valdez area had an extra sled that's decent, I'm willing to throw some money around to borrow a decent machine! Maybe guide service for a couple days??

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The only forum members name from Valdez that I can think of at the moment is a guy named Spook. Maybe you could PM or try to Email him. I think he is the local Police or Trooper in town.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I'm here..

I know a guy here that does some tours and sled rentals. Not sure if he is still doing it this year. Ill find out and get back with you. Sorry I dont get on here much

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Rent

Just rent spooks new 2012 throw some cash at him and take his new pro climb for a ride. I am sure it will be worth the money you spend by the time I am done with it. I am heading up in January and I have some buddies that want to go back up in spring. lets start a new rental business and rent pump gas turbo's should be fun.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Just rent spooks new 2012 throw some cash at him and take his new pro climb for a ride. I am sure it will be worth the money you spend by the time I am done with it. I am heading up in January and I have some buddies that want to go back up in spring. lets start a new rental business and rent pump gas turbo's should be fun.

Ill store them. you buy them. I'm in!!

M
Nov 30, 2007
I'm here..

I know a guy here that does some tours and sled rentals. Not sure if he is still doing it this year. Ill find out and get back with you. Sorry I dont get on here much

If we are talking about the same person (ex keystone rafting) I do believe Mike has moved to Anchorage for good. Would not hurt to ask.'

On topic. I think the better route is to rent from Anchorage/Eagle RIver and try to find a ride to/from.

PS how did the USCG rider awarness go? -- Bowden :face-icon-small-hap

PSPS. Man we wooped some cop butt in wallyball... Donuts vs Hosers...

Premium Features