• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone try to reroute there coolant hose?

R
Dec 17, 2006
anyone try to reroute there coolant hose, that comes out of the head and goes in between the Y-pipe and pipe. would like to get that hose away from the heat.wondering if its possible.thanks

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I wired mine for support and wrapped it with heat tape. Some how the hose moved down enough to touch the head and burn through last year.

Luckily it was during an avy course so I didn't miss out on a day of riding.

R
Dec 17, 2006
just trying to think of a way to have it come around away from the Y-pipe. what is the thermostat housing made of white metal or alum? if its alum I can have it welded so it comes up over the head and bring hose that way.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
this is what i did..

lats ride of the season last year it was 65 degrees and i ended up melting my coolant hose on my y-pipe as well and lost all my coolant..and that was with heat wrap (2 layers)

just took about 4 inches form the hoses i removed from the raditor (use the natural bend section) and added 2 unions in it to hold and BAM...tons of room..when i install the SLP pipe again, i will use a zip tie to pull it it away from the pipe...and cover the hose in heat wrap again

hose.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
this is what i did..

lats ride of the season last year it was 65 degrees and i ended up melting my coolant hose on my y-pipe as well and lost all my coolant..and that was with heat wrap (2 layers)

just took about 4 inches form the hoses i removed from the raditor (use the natural bend section) and added 2 unions in it to hold and BAM...tons of room..when i install the SLP pipe again, i will use a zip tie to pull it it away from the pipe...and cover the hose in heat wrap again

hose.jpg

Now That's a good idea there Guido... and a good pic too..... Thanks:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I just run a short length of Aeroquip firesleeve over the hose.

Pretty cheap and looks like it belongs.

I dont recall the size I used... just measure the O.D. of the hose on there and order the matching I.D. size.

Click HERE for a link to the Page that sells it by the foot.

You dont need the clamps...just put a good zip-tie down low were it does not get hot.

05-01842.gif

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
this is what i did..

hose.jpg

WOW! Now that alot of heat tape!! What don't you have covered with that stuff!! Works great on alot of things and your definitely the one to prove it!!
lol

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
do you think that would keep that hose from gettin the Antifreeze Hot? or just to help so the hose doesnt melt?

No problems there...besides the coolant is moving in the tube a rapid rate.... even without any kind of heat protection AND a burning hose... the coolant is not affected to any degree that matters.

Trust me guys... this stuff is the shizzle...

The small stuff is great for things like the wires etc... I have that on my TPS and Exhaust sensor wires.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
:cool:
WOW! Now that alot of heat tape!! What don't you have covered with that stuff!! Works great on alot of things and your definitely the one to prove it!!
lol

LOL!!

dude...i am all about preventiing problems..lol..there is no way i will melt anything on my sled..lol..(knock on wood) :eek:

if its in the engine compartment within a few inches of my pipe...its covered..

Premium Features