• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running a SLP Y-pipe and Pipe with another brand can?

P

paydirtdave

Aug 7, 2009
North Idaho
Anyone running a SLP Y-pipe and Pipe with another brand can? If so I would like to hear about your combo and your thoughts on performance gain or loss. Also interested to see if this has caused anyone to shell out their engine.

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I did that for a little bit on a M8, only because it came with a different y when I bought it. I ended up changing it though. Youre better off running just one companies stuff because they are made to work as a system and they don't when youre mixing manufacturer's products. JMO

F
Aug 11, 2010
Ran a slp y-pipe, pipe, boondocker box, and super q can on a 09 m1000. Didn't try the full setup. So I don't know if there was a performance gain or loss, but I haven't blown it up and it is lighter.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Ran a slp y-pipe, pipe, boondocker box, and super q can on a 09 m1000. Didn't try the full setup. So I don't know if there was a performance gain or loss, but I haven't blown it up and it is lighter.

Pretty much the same setup here. Nearly 2000 miles on all stock parts.

IMO unless the sled is on a dyno you will not "feel" any difference between a matched set or a mismatched.

Thunder

P

proflow

Dec 15, 2007
Buckley, WA
Yep, Coated SLP Y-Pipe, Pipe, & MBRP Can.
Reason why---In my opinion the best that can be ran for a single to this day. Easy tuning, sounds great & lightweight.

I'm trying CPI twins this year, if I dont like the way they perform w/my engine --- Back to the single set-up.

Thats all---Proflow

L

locknload

Dec 5, 2007
Not that this will help you much but on my 03 700 polaris vertical edge i had complete SLP single, y-pipe, pipe, and can, took the slp can off and put a Thing can on, didnt notice much at flat-land altitude (1700 ft)but did gain 200 rmp at 8000 ft +. Also sounds better.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I used to run a SLP y-pipe and pipe on my 05 900 rmk. I ended up swapping my dad for his HPS can and it just made it realy loud.... and probably 2-3 pounds lighter

Premium Features