• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden the new sled yet?

S

Sofa King

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Well have to tell you that it is not a M sled.
Feels lighter on the front end but I will have to adjust.
Going from 567 lb 1000 to this chassis is different.
Will take coulpe rides to get the feel.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
IMG_0827.jpg

The way that the snow is piled up in the front was a major concern for me when I first looked the new sled over. Was there another sled that took off already and roosted the snow up under there, or is that what pushed under from riding slow?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Feels lighter on the front end but I will have to adjust.

wow... either you had a HORRIBLY set up M1000 (many did, it took a little bit of work) or you've got a very different setup on the new sled than I do. Ours feels like a hillclimber... tied to the ground. I wouldn't say it felt heavy when riding it, but it SURE didn't feel "light" by any stretch.

Btw, it didn't feel like it was pushing snow at all, even when busting through windcrust... I doubt that snow is just from it riding.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
'Best Showroom Boondocker'! I am bowing in respect! Lol. I put my sled in a dark garage with some pine bows for the real smell, and then play engine sounds with my iPod. Spill a bit of gas on myself and let the sled run for a couple of minutes to fill the joint with two stroke smoke. Put the sled on rollers so that it moves abit under me to fake the feel too. Almost like being there! Haven't broke an a-arm or squeaked a piston this way either.

Wyo and me might vie for the best showroom highmarkers due to our height.:face-icon-small-win

Hey TeamSTE - nice pic's. Too bad about the guy spoiling the one pic!:face-icon-small-ton

Lmao
"The Hot Box Technical High Mark Challenge" I have a recording from flying past pro rmks on my m1000 and a surround sound system, then put the skis on the hoist on a pivot for climb position and gives the real rock back in forth feel for doing switch backs.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Lmao
"The Hot Box Technical High Mark Challenge" I have a recording from flying past pro rmks on my m1000 and a surround sound system, then put the skis on the hoist on a pivot for climb position and gives the real rock back in forth feel for doing switch backs.

Man, you just elevated virtual riding another notch! I'm thinkin' a guy could add a big honkin' AirCon unit and put that in front too. Yeeeeehaaaaaaaa!

I'm laughing just thinking about you riding in the garage. Lol

My wife thinks I'm nuts already anyway.:baby:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Your wife, you should have seen the girl friends face when I asked her if she would raise and lower the hoist with the throttle noises coming from the surround sound. :rockon: That reminds me, I need to upload the track of picking on the xp's and pro's with the turbo, need to hear the bov a few times.

Premium Features