• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Recieved Their New 084 Belt Yet ?

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
Received mine yesterday with the letter and the 3rd year of warrantee. I have around 200 miles on my original belt so far without any issues. I haven't had the dealer install the jackshaft update and I don't think that I will because if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Just wish that there was somewhere to store the extra belt! I guess that I'd better keep the spare in the truck and hope someone will go get it for me!

Now, what about the brand new spare that I bought a few months ago? Shouldn't they take that back and replace it with the new belt?

Cut a strip off foam out under your seat and stash it under your seat, it works sweet.........

bunker86

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2008
Arlington, South Dakota
I wonder when I'll recieve mine to Eastern South Dakota...... Hopefully by next Tuesday, headed to the Horns next Wednesday! Would be nice to have another spare incase my HCR decides to start blowing belts, 178 miles on it so far and no problems!:face-icon-small-con

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Still no belt here. Also haven't gotten a call from them to do the jackshaft shim kit either. Looking for a new dealer.

ArcticCat1

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2008
Starkweather, ND
Received mine yesterday with the letter and the 3rd year of warrantee. I have around 200 miles on my original belt so far without any issues. I haven't had the dealer install the jackshaft update and I don't think that I will because if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Just wish that there was somewhere to store the extra belt! I guess that I'd better keep the spare in the truck and hope someone will go get it for me!

Now, what about the brand new spare that I bought a few months ago? Shouldn't they take that back and replace it with the new belt?

The point of the jackshaft update is to keep the nut tight. It has nothing to do with blowing belts according to my dealer. So if it aint broke you should go get the update anyways.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
The point of the jackshaft update is to keep the nut tight. It has nothing to do with blowing belts according to my dealer. So if it aint broke you should go get the update anyways.

Lol hes wrong. My PC didn't blow a belt till 500miles when my jackshaft nut came loose which causes misalignment and boom the belt gernaded. Did update and good again.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Anyone here in WI or MN get there belt yet? I was hoping to get it here soon before our snow goes away so I can get it broke in before the next trip out west.

KJP

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
What's the effect on RPM? Mine came a couple days ago and I am trying to re-clutch this thing. If it raises RPM any higher it's coming off for the weekend and I will run the 083 until I get proper clutching parts for it.

J
Dec 1, 2007
Wisconsin
If it drops RPM I will be excited, I was about maxxed out on my weights so if I have to lose some weight it will be perfect. Will give it a shot this weekend.

what gram weight is working for you? my stock 75g arctic cat weights are a little light with a 1.5 track, stock gears, high country at sea level.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Stock pipe it liked 78 grams in dalton adjustables with the cat yellow/green. I have a dalton 40-36 helix but that should work with the 36 helix as well. They were light from the factory from what i've seen, lots more to be had with clutch tuning.

A
Nov 6, 2010
Wasilla, AK
Shouldnt have to do anything, till break in you wont see proper rpm 20/30 miles into the first ride you will see a drop in rpm.

You get your belt in the mail yet? From talking to the dealer.......they still haven't even seen the 084's to buy, much less cat getting to us Alaskan's.

Mine goes in for the jack-shaft update and if I continue to have issues.......It is hitting the road and I'll wait until cat gets sh** figured out. Getting ridiculous......honestly.

Premium Features