• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone out there willing to travel ?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Lived down there for a while. Know how hard it is to get to ride. How about coming up to the forum ride in February? Always welcome in Idaho with us.

holie cat

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Arizona by way of Nebraska
Wherever there's snow

More than likely will be in or close to your area, snow needs to be pretty good to make the effort = miles. Where I came from we had to drive a minimum of 1150 miles round trip to get to mountains , and we went a lot to Cooke City which was close to 1700 rt. So I burnt a lot of fuel n wore out a bunch of tires over the years.
Soooo I may be up in your back yard - will try n look you up !:face-icon-small-hap

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
If El Nino does what they think it will, you shouldn't have to go too far. Will be sledding in Arizona.

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
Riding partners in Arizona

I'm an avid back country sledder in Flagstaff. Relocated two years ago. Have diesel pickup and would love some one else to travel with. Last year made many trips to Chama NM and southern Colorado about 6 hrs from Flag so weekend trips worked. Also did various locations in Utah. Just worked out thats where the snow was. This year should have more options. Please feel free to call, text, or pm me... my cell is 605-237-8673

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I lived down there several years. What I did was leave sleds in storage and fly up and ride. I was fortunate to have lots of friends to help me. I never had the time away from work to make the big road trips. Left sleds in Laramie, flight from Phoenix to Denver Friday evening, rent a car and run to Laramie. Ride sat and sun and catch the latest flight out of Denver back to Phoenix.

holie cat

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Arizona by way of Nebraska
Thanks for your input gonehuntnpowder , fly -drive- n ride has been an option I've thought about. Issue's would be , is sled in a area where the snow is at, breakdowns- getting sled fixed away from home, just to name a couple. I may try leaving a sled n vehicle in Colorado Springs , flights are reasonable but limited , the big bonus would be - under 4 hours drive time to a number of riding areas ! Then cross my fingers on limited breakdowns .
Let it snow SOMEWHERE !!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
I live in cordes lakes 45 min north of Phoenix will be riding in munds park and flagstaff this winter also have a sled in fairplay co
Call cell 602-390-6107

Premium Features