• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a jetting set up to use in a '02 RMK 800 with the ATAAC?

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
So just wondering if anyone has a good jetting sequence for a '02 RMK 800.
- Engine has zero mods
- Exhaust is a SLP Y pipe, single and can
- ATTAC system installed
- Clutched for 2200 to 8000 feet
- Pulled the carbs off tonight to verify the mains and needles; Mains are 680's on PTO and MAG??(seems wayyyy over kill to me!!) and the needles were on position 6 on both PTO and Mag (I reset the needles to position 3 which should aleiviate the mid range bog from past thread)

I will be riding anywhere from 2200' to 8000'. Does anyone have the perfect jetting sequence with this information?
The jackazz i bought the sled from lost all the Holtzman documentation and jetting info..:face-icon-small-fro
Any help or suggestions would be extremely helpful and most greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
I can't give you specifics but hopefully this will help.
The one thing you need to know, is if the compensator has been altered. When new, they come set for -29C. So you set up the carbs to your lowest elevation and the -29.
So if you know what jets you have now, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what jet to use. Simply jet for your lowest elevation and to match the temp of -29C.
If you want more info, you can get this off Holtzmans website....http://www.holtzmaneng.com/

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You jet way fat but set the blue tube for the lowest elevation that the sled will operate at. I jetted around 460 and #2 on the needle. Then I unplugged and replugged in the blue tube at around 2000 feet. You have to play around with it on a couple of rides. You should be gettting a deep throaty burbly sound while idling at the lower elevations, and not running rich at the highest elevation. If the ATACC is over 2 years old, it may already be toast, and nothing will make it work right at all elevations.

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
Plugging in the blue hose? For the love of God, someone PLEASE explain the g@wtd@mned theory with the blue tube; where do I disconnect it from, how long do I leave it unplugged for? Do I ride around with it unplugged for 10 minutes and then reconnect it??? I am COMPLETELY lost here guys and I am about ready to flog this damned machine for a song!!! The ATACC is brand new. The guy that had it installed, didn't include the "how to instructions"..:face-icon-small-fro
Hence, all the questions.
I am currently @ 2200' here in Alberta.
When I do go to the mountains, it will be anywhere from 2300 to 8500-9000' max.
The mains are currently at 680 both PTO and MAG which seem way to fat and the needles were set at the richest setting, position 7? I changed the needles to clip position 3 and I am planning to start out the mains at 500 PTO and MAG and go from there. Any other suggestions on how to make the ATACC to work with out burning up the engine?

Last edited:
F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
Since you are at 2200', simply jet to that elevation and -29C.
The blue hose is a small hose 6" long that connects the compensator to the control chamber. When you set the carbs up at home (2200') the hose should be unplugged and then reconnect the hose. That will establish your "Base" setting.
When you go up in elevation, the atacc will lean out as needed.

Once set up, just leave it alone. For example, if you unplug the hose at a higher elevation, then you should also change jets to keep the system matched up, because you are essentially creating a new "base setting".

Also you probably can't see these components, since most installs are inside the air box.
Take a minute and go to Holtzman's website, it explains everything in the instrcuctions. Once you understand the basics of this system, it's really very simple.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
If the sled is stored at the base elevation, then you may not need to reset the blue hose. The blue hose is most likely hiding inside of the airbox. An intelligent installation would have made the blue hose accessible from the intake hole in the top of the airbox, by reaching in with two fingers. I had to reset my blue hose everytime I went out because the sled was stored at sea level. You are still fat with the needle position. Go to #2 needle position. Only if it acts eratic in the mid range, would you then go back to the #3 position.

Verify that the cross tubes are hooked up properly, since the stock setup would now be wrong. Verify that a large tube goes into the top of the right carburetor.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Familiarize yourself with the setup instructions on the website.
I can tell you it is way to fat on jetting.
If you lowest altitude is 2200 ish and that is where you unplug/ plug the blue hose to establish baseline i would go with 440-450 mains and needle one rich from the middle and fuel screws about 2 turns out then adjust them for clean throttle response.
The system does slowly bleed off and should be re- baselined occasionally with the blue hose.

Premium Features