• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any info and pics of the latest boondocker kits

H
Dec 4, 2007
NW
I just saw the post about them shipping the newest kits and was wondering what has been updated and if there are any pics of the new kits. Also are there any pics of the e controller installed?

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Hello

I received mine today. Looks alot diffferent than last years. I also am looking for pics of them on sleds to see how everyone else routed everything. Thanks

N
Oct 1, 2008
Boise, ID
I have the electronic boost controller on order I'll take a pic of it as soon as it's installed I'm toying with the idea of adding water/meth injection with it so I can run lower octain fuel till I push the "push to pass button" then the water/meth will kick in for higher boost levels.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I checked one out during install at my local shop on a new D8. Looks super clean and sano. In my humble opinion it looks really easy to find out where to route the hoses etc. One cool thing I noticed is a hose from the oil tank to an "overflow" tank mounted on the oil res. (i think) for when you lay the sled over on the pipe side and oil will flow up to the overflow tank and then back to the oil tank. The overflow has a spot on it for breather filter like on valve covers on carbed cars. Cool idea imo.

Another thing I noticed is that the coolant hose was rubbing on the boost tube to the throttle body, could be an issue if the coolant hose was not tied out of the way, but like I said I saw it in the middle of the build so they most likely corrected that.

I was told that you can run the SLP pipe, but they have been cracking at the welds due to the increased pressure. This shop ran an SLP pipe on a turbo sled last year...they had to warp the pipe with headder wrap and use a whole bunch of pipe bands to keep it from cracking. I guess they were getting a little better perf. out of the SLP pipe combo.

They were still waiting on the PTP button and some fuel controller components, but way cool stuff. BD looks to have changed the shock tower screen (larger) and used a metal frame with a mesh cover as a filter on the turbo. The muffler is way cool how it exits under into the tunnel. Have fun this year turbo guys! later

J
Boost Controler

Anybody else sitting with an expensive pile of parts that are worthless without the EBC and no definite ship date for it. Getting kind of tired of hearing next week for the last three months when it was snowchecked in June:mad:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I received mine today. Looks alot diffferent than last years. I also am looking for pics of them on sleds to see how everyone else routed everything. Thanks

What did you pay for your kit? Did you go with the pump gas? Intercooler? What options?

Sorry for the 20?'s, I'm just curious what these kits are at now.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Anybody else sitting with an expensive pile of parts that are worthless without the EBC and no definite ship date for it. Getting kind of tired of hearing next week for the last three months when it was snowchecked in June:mad:

Cant you just hook a boost line up to the wastegate, or is there EBC in there fuel control box also? If you just hook the wastegate up directly to the charge tube with a hose, you will be able to run it only at the boost level that the wastegate opens up at. At least you could go and ride though.

J
They are offering to send out a second harness with the manual controler and ADA equipment for whatever it cost(can't remember), then will reimburse me when the EBC's show up and return it. Don't get me wrong their trying to help make it right, just depressing waiting to get it done and ready to go.Hope it rips when done:beer;

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Cool, I didnt know how they had they system working, so either way you have to wait.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Me too

I am still waiting for my EBC and Acer is waiting for his entire kit. It is frustrating, especially now that there is snow on the ground. The two more weeks thing doesn't work for me either. I would rather hear it will be 2 months and have it be 2 months, than keep hearing every 2 weeks that it will be 2 more weeks. Hard to know what to do.
Anyway, ya you have company. Sorry man!

J
Like they say misery loves company, but on the bright side at least they are offering a temporary fix so we can at least ride. Bummer Acer hasn't got his kit yet. If it was snowchecked should show up soon, mine came in Fri. Hope they come through with EBC by the time I get it installed. Talked to Pete at BD and he said by Turkey Day. Believe it when I see it.:beer;:beer;

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
.Another thing I noticed is that the coolant hose was rubbing on the boost tube to the throttle body, could be an issue if the coolant hose was not tied out of the way, but like I said I saw it in the middle of the build so they most likely corrected that.

I noticed the above after a few rides on last years kit. We keep & use these plastic hyd hise protectors on our heavy equipment to prevent hose wera. They are tough as hell and go on with a couple zip ties. I also added a heat cover hose to the pull rope just incase. Didn't see a problem, but had lots of it so I put a piece on. After 500 or so miles it is both worn and possibly been hot. Might be a good this as well and cheap. Both can be purchased at any hose supplier or where ever hyd hoses are made. They come in several sizes. EW

These pics are with the charge tube removed, but you can see the rub.

Pics480.jpg

Pics481.jpg

Pics482.jpg

Pics483.jpg

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
I noticed the above after a few rides on last years kit. We keep & use these plastic hyd hise protectors on our heavy equipment to prevent hose wera. They are tough as hell and go on with a couple zip ties. I also added a heat cover hose to the pull rope just incase. Didn't see a problem, but had lots of it so I put a piece on. After 500 or so miles it is both worn and possibly been hot. Might be a good this as well and cheap. Both can be purchased at any hose supplier or where ever hyd hoses are made. They come in several sizes. EW

These pics are with the charge tube removed, but you can see the rub.

Pics480.jpg

Pics481.jpg

Pics482.jpg

Pics483.jpg

Good idea on the hose protector's. I bought the same hose protectors from a local Napa store for my V8 S-10 and they work great! I think I paid $5 per protector.

I have the electronic boost controller on order I'll take a pic of it as soon as it's installed I'm toying with the idea of adding water/meth injection with it so I can run lower octain fuel till I push the "push to pass button" then the water/meth will kick in for higher boost levels.

Nitro - I was kicking around the same idea. Let me know if you decide to hook up the water/meth on the button.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
all you guys should just go with silber,HM, set up from what i hear bd set up sounds like a joke wait around for parts. maby they should have a complete kit ready to go when you buy it instead of waiting on them :mad: justin with silber has been a great help to me im geting ready to put his kit on my d8 and every time i call he is more than willing to help me out on questions should have the kit in to weeks hes in yellowstone testing so i have to wait to order but atleast ill have a complete kit when it shows up :)

Premium Features