• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another NyPro Project

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Left side.

Brake caliper cover.

Right side.

The cover in front of the gas cap is not finished yet, i will drill holes for thumb/handwarmer and light switches before i paint it.
And then i have some nice cleaning of the garage...

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Replaced the fuel pump relay with the red solid state relay and mounted som foam so snow wont get in under the gas tank.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Finshed the cover in front of the gas tank

Holes for switches, temp gauge and tether.

Installed.

Painted the foam black.

I have ordered an adjustable riser so the gauge holder i made wont be used.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Moved the AFR-Gauge to the hood and installed some metal mesh (from a thrash can) in the opening where i had to cut for the previous steering mount.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Went riding two weeks ago and hit a stone.

result.

Found a used ball joint and a new red a-arm so the sled is back together but my ribs are not ok, probably two more weeks until i can ride..

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Sorry to hear you hurt your ribs. how does she ride though?

Compared to a Yamaha Viper it feels more nimble and narrower and my homebuilt turbo feels a bit more powerful than a Mcx 190 so im pretty happy with it.
Im thinking of 36" a-arms and maybe upping the boost to 220hp, that is possible without adding an intercooler and extra injectors but time will tell.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Went from ASA to Fox. Why,

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Went from ASA to Fox. Why,

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

I have been riding with ASA from day one so i have nothing to compare them against, i still have the ASA shocks.
This season was the worst one yet because of my rib injury and tennis elbow in both arms so i didnt get to ride much, and the few rides where mostly trail riding...

The sled is now in summer storage.
For the first time since november 2012 (when the build started) its not in my garage during the summer, so i will not update anything during the summer.
This summer will be a vacation from the sled and i will be making some small mods to my bike.
I have some minor stuff to do on the sled Before the season so ill be back !

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have been riding with ASA from day one so i have nothing to compare them against, i still have the ASA shocks.
This season was the worst one yet because of my rib injury and tennis elbow in both arms so i didnt get to ride much, and the few rides where mostly trail riding...

The sled is now in summer storage.
For the first time since november 2012 (when the build started) its not in my garage during the summer, so i will not update anything during the summer.
This summer will be a vacation from the sled and i will be making some small mods to my bike.
I have some minor stuff to do on the sled Before the season so ill be back !

haha, tennis elbow! we already get that with the stock Pro, can't imagine how much more you will get it with that motor and the extra weight! Try offset spindles instead of the narrower a-arms. I am out of stock right now but zollinger racing has them. they don't hurt travel and you can install in 20 minutes.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
haha, tennis elbow! we already get that with the stock Pro, can't imagine how much more you will get it with that motor and the extra weight! Try offset spindles instead of the narrower a-arms. I am out of stock right now but zollinger racing has them. they don't hurt travel and you can install in 20 minutes.

Offset spindles would be nice to try.
i might be riding with the 39" this season. time will tell, i have som junk a-arms that could be built to 36/37" really cheap.
I have been thinking that the vertical steering may have had something to do with the tennis elbow but im not sure...

Time for some clutch work.
Im going to use an Arctic style secondary spring, i was looking at an OEM red/White but he dealer wanted 188 bucks for it !!!
So i found the Purple SLP spring for 35 Bucks shipped to sweden.

Bushings and smaller 14,5 mm rollers (16,5mm stock).

Adjuster bolts for the secondary belt height will be replaced.

Buttons in secondary will also be replaced, the shockwave helix is narrower so its harder on them.

The primary sheaves has a groove in them, so i will be machining them.

With the clutch i the lathe i will be machining them for overdrive.
in the Picture the clutch i bottoming out and the belt is far from using the whole clutch Surface (slightly used belt in the pic.)
The belt to sheave clearance will also be adjusted since im way off, i have had a jerky engagement.
The Helix will also be modifed to open the secondary more.

I will also be installing glide washers on the primary spring.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
"Grunt tool" for the primary clutch.

Different drivers for bushing replacement.

Machined helix for overdrive and new bushing (pushed the old bushing back and installed the new bushing in front of it, cant hurt to have more bushing Surface).

New bushing in secondary sheave.

Machined sheave with new bushing

Fixed sheave machined.

Some fine tuning left to do Before mounting clutches together.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
With the shockwave helix set at 43 degree it wont let the secondary clutch open for overdrive, the top/front of the ramps is making contact rather than the surface i machined.
Setting the helix at a steeper angle allows for more travel but 43 degrees is what i want, so i found a stock 43 degree helix that i will have to machine.
Started with polishing the surfaces.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Used some glue to attach the split collars to a aluminum plate to be able to sand them down.

grinded from 5mm to 3 mm

Time to mount the clutch back together.

Weights with new bushings, new weight pins and plastic washers.

New smaller rollers and spring with glide washers installed.

Last edited:
Premium Features