• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 900 Build...SURE WHY NOT!!

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
"Guido" at work... LOL
mechanicpounding.gif

I thought he was still pulling tree limb bark out from under his bumper....he isn't to "hammer time" just yet. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
UPDATE!!

OK..

got some free time to mess with the FNI HiFlo Stirrup Vents...i had to trim the stock footwell area quite a bit...then i folded the outter framing back and rivoted it to the vent bracket..so the footwell was strong and the vent area had a good base...

it worked out pretty good, but the MAG side was a little more "loose" then the PTO side so i had to add a small bracket and some more rivots..so its not "Aestheticaly Pleasing" with the more rivots on one side, but it was pretty much a must...

i powder coated the framing to match the rest of the parts...

still waiting on a dragon center console to finish the install...

2010-07-13211135.jpg

2010-07-13211152.jpg

2010-07-13211143.jpg

2010-07-13211203.jpg

2010-07-13211210.jpg

then i powder coated the small pin for the brake caliper and the pull cord bracket.
2010-07-13211608.jpg

i also powder coated the springs on the Fox Zero Pros...looks pretty awesome...we will have to see how they hold up, lol..
2010-07-13211556.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Thanks for all of the Great pictures. Those FNI vents look sweet. I remember seeing those a while back and completely forgot about them. I will have to look into them again. Looks like the project is comming along great.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
very slow progress lately..

got a line up on a center console from an 07 Dragon...once i get the money to buy it, i will be able to finish the RAW hoop install/aligment..

Got a sweet SKINZ hood from my best buddy Andrew...ordered some Orange vent panels from SKINZ for it...not quite the color i wanted, but its all they had, also have black ones if it looks too funny when assembled, lol..

hood has the Trail Tech lights on it...which ROCK!

going to order some ICE AGE tipped 166 rails (new style) once i get paid for my stock rails i sold..then off to the powder coaters...which is SWEET cause he is letting ME use his equipment and do everything myself to save some money since he is swamped and cant get to my stuff anytime soon ;)

then just need to do some things to the motor ;)

order some odds and ends here when i get some more money, and get this pig assembled...

gonna be SWEET!!

hope i dont wreck it...but i will..

skinzhood.jpg

skinzhood2.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got the Ice Age rails in the mail today :)

was like a kid at Christmas..

i wanted to give a personal shout out to Jake @ Ice Age...he was SO helpful and went above and beyond to help me out, and even called me a few times to make sure everything was good and to help me out.

they are sick...very light, i weighed them @ ~5.5lbs each..my scale is not the best scale with precise measurements, but its close

also got a set of Billet 9" wheels from Ice Age that are pretty sweet and some ice scratchers..

rails are now at the powder coaters..will be sprayed orange to go along with my build theme, wheels i will powder coat black myself, scratchers are black of coarse, but i will coat the bushing orange too..

some pics, not the best cause i was in a hurry to get to the powder coaters, and the rails didnt wanna stand up very good, lol...

IMG_20100914_150448.jpg

IMG_20100914_150423.jpg

IMG_20100914_150429.jpg

IMG_20100914_151345.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I had 166 rails on but needed 9" wheels yet...but since I wanted 9"..I would have to get an offset axle and the rails I had were trimmed so to be safe I would need to get anti stab kit too.

.so sold the rails and bought these ice age rails that are cut for either 8 or 9"wheels...so u can run a stock straight axle

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
I thought about going with a longer track but can't justify the cost because the 151 works really well for the type of riding I do. Put it this way, I am one of two with a track that long and the only thing that has caused me to get stuck is an obstruction. (TREE!!!) I own a tree magnet. I never had this problem with my other sled. Maybe I just suck at riding but it's entertaining for my friends!! :face-icon-small-ton

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got some progress done this weekend..

used POR-15 on the tunnel...its CRAZY TOUGH...wont crack, chip, peel...its like powder coat or bedliner but in a paint form....just brush or roll it on...but its VERY permanant too...so make sure you like the color, lol...

installed a thin piece of aluminum behind the foot boards and powder coated it orange to stand out..
vetunnelside.jpg

got the RAW chassis under tank foam to protect the shiny indestructable tunnel coating, lol..
tunnelcoating.jpg

got some bogies from a dragon and powder coated the brackets black, and the washers orange to be cool...
bogies.jpg

installed some fabcraft handlebars..using the OEM polaris handgaurs and mounts and OF COARSE the BEST tether...AMORCORD
fabcraftbars2.jpg

fabcraftbars.jpg

and finally powder coated the Ice Age 9" wheels black and trimmed the inside edges to show some shine....some minor flaws but came out pretty good i think...along with the OEM straight axle with...of coarse a nice orange center section and washers lol...
wheels.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ALSO....

got the SWEET new SKINZ float plate for the 09-up body work in ORANGE....i along with MH have been talking to Tammy at SKINZ requesting the orange color on the float plates and she pulled through to help out...its awesome...they will make it for the new and old body style plastics...order them up ;)

floatplate.jpg

floatplate2.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
That orange will show the tree sap /bark smudges,But it will help people find your sled under all those trees.:laugh:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Jesus...just caught up. You won't have issues of people not seeing you when you're burried in a tree well.

Looks good. Someone must be making some good mooola

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i think he plans on showing the sled not riding it :face-icon-small-ton

lol

haha..maybe :face-icon-small-coo

Jesus...just caught up. You won't have issues of people not seeing you when you're burried in a tree well.

Looks good. Someone must be making some good mooola

shoot, i wish...remember i am in the airforce...so i have to live off gov. pay :face-icon-small-sad

i just have to trade/bargin everything i buy..thank god for good friends, customer support and ebay ;)

Premium Features