• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another 08 and Earlier Front Bumper Option Coming Soon!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just a thought, The 05-06 will have to have the radiator delete kit installed? Does the close off plate interfere? I have an 08 so no worries for me.

Paul, Are the close off plates plastic or metal for the front bumper?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
question?, can you still put the aluminum cover over the top of the bumper?

If so then groovy, and it won't inter fear with the pipe? I think I will take 2

let me know and I will place the order tommorow

pwdrhnd

What aluminum cover? Sorry I'm not following you.

Just ordered a black one.

Thank you!!!!!!

Just a thought, The 05-06 will have to have the radiator delete kit installed? Does the close off plate interfere? I have an 08 so no worries for me.

Paul, Are the close off plates plastic or metal for the front bumper?

Yes Randy....you are correct and I've added that to our website. Thanks!

Close off pieces are plastic.

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Very nice, Skinz comes through and offers a fix for a poor design from Polaris, and keeps the price reasonable. Two bumpers ordered, thanks Paul!!!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Very nice, Skinz comes through and offers a fix for a poor design from Polaris, and keeps the price reasonable. Two bumpers ordered, thanks Paul!!!

Thanks Trench! I'm not going to ask about your username!:D

To everyone that has ordered already THANK YOU!!!!

The order for the first batch of bumpers will be going in to Skinz this morning.:)

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
question?, can you still put the aluminum cover over the top of the bumper?

I believe he is talking about the aluminum plate in the front of this pic. It has the black fabric on it...

DSCF1063.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I've ordered one and I have the Timbersled intake (to Calgary) right from the website. The checkout showed the shipping amount as well which is a nice feature for the canucks!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
900 Right???

Lava,

I take it you are talking about the Timbersled intake for the 2005/06 900/700 RMK's...

Yes it will work with that, even though I dont think that the Timbersled intake is a good way to go unless you have a mesh hood (an entirely different topic).

On the 900's the only airboxed that I know will work with a bumper are the FNI, Stock and the Timbersled.

The Fabcraft will fit with this bumper (but not the TCP), but there again I dont think it works as well as other options out there (FNI or stock).

SLP, TCP, and Vanamburg airboxes (all front mount) are not compatible with the bumper designs in the 900 RMK based chassis.

hey paul,

do you know if this thing work with a timbersled air intake? if so, any issues shipping to BC?

thanks, let me know..

SPARK PLUG

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
FRESNO CA
will these bumpers bend? i would hate to destroy the bulk head instead of just plastic parts

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
will these bumpers bend? i would hate to destroy the bulk head instead of just plastic parts

the last thing i'd worry about is bending the bulkhead. if you hit something that hard, you would do much, much more damage without one. and it does not take much to do major damage without. been there done that:(

thanks paul, i cannot wait till mine gets here.:)

W
Feb 27, 2008
yeah just got off the phone w/jake @ skinz...basiclly said same exact thing.also said that paul is the man to talk to regarding any orders.went so far as to decline taking order from me over the phone and sent me to paul must be a good dude.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

I think the bumper will bend before the bulkhead but like Coyoteman said, if you hit something that hard you'll most likely have other issues to worry about.

the last thing i'd worry about is bending the bulkhead. if you hit something that hard, you would do much, much more damage without one. and it does not take much to do major damage without. been there done that:(

thanks paul, i cannot wait till mine gets here.:)

Thank you!!!!

yeah just got off the phone w/jake @ skinz...basiclly said same exact thing.also said that paul is the man to talk to regarding any orders.went so far as to decline taking order from me over the phone and sent me to paul must be a good dude.

Jake is top notch and you can thank him for this bumper as it was his project!!!

Premium Features