• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And you thought you'd seen the last of Ken Salazar

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has formed a nonpartisan political action committee with philanthropist Louis Bacon focused on conservation efforts.

They will both serve as honorary co-chairmen of America’s Conservation PAC, which will support congressional candidates committed to conserving lands and wildlife.

“America’s lands and wildlife are our shared inheritance, and voters expect their members of Congress to be working together to conserve these important resources,” Salazar said a statement.

"America’s Conservation PAC will support leaders, no matter their political party, who believe it’s time for Congress to get to work again to protect those special places we want our children and grandchildren to enjoy."

Environmental issues were largely sent to the back burner during this year’s congressional session. The government shutdown, which closed national parks and monuments, interfered with conservation projects.

The last Congress also was the first since World War II not to protect a single new acre of public land as wilderness, national park or a monument, Salazar said in the release.

Salazar served as President Obama’s Interior secretary during his first term. Sally Jewell succeeded him in April. Salazar also previously served as a Democratic senator from Colorado.

Bacon, a billionaire hedge fund manager, has previously supported Republican causes.

How cute, a billionaire supporting locking the public out of more land adjacent to private lands billionaires own.

So anyways, I guess if there is one thing that this congress has ACTUALLY accomplished, is NOT designating any more wilderness areas.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
There should be a season on them. Well, maybe a draw? I'm a Canadian so I can say that. Everybody knows Canadians are harmless eh!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
The statement that really torques me off is "Setting aside those special places we want our children and grandchildren to enjoy". Guess what you tree hugging pieces of work!!! If we can't access and enjoy them today, there is no access or enjoyment that will be realized by any generation tomorrow!!! I am so sick and tired of seeing more and more of the areas my son and I backpack in to bowhunt becoming more inaccessible by the day, I might start showing my ugly mug at public comment meetings and start throwing complete sh!t fits, nobody is listening to the politically correct common man, I figure it's worth a shot and will be very entertaining to boot.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah setting aside those places so the billionaire's children and grandchildren can play. Wonderful.

Premium Features