• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air bubble in Fuel Sock

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I got my fuel pump replace and have had to reset my fuel pump twice (vs none before). Is there something that causes this or is it just luck of the draw?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Maybe it's not a bubble. Either way, I have had trouble getting it to start. First time, it was on the trailer and then a few times out riding. Real fun when you're trying to start the sled to get it out of a stuck.

The fix my dealer showed me when I bought it is to unplug the wiring harness with a brown wire above the clutch and start it with WOT. It'll turnover and eventually die. Plug it back in and it runs as normal for the rest of the day. I had about 750 miles last season and replaced the fuel pump before this season. Issue has only happened this season, after the pump was replaced. The whine is totally gone but now this has popped up a few times.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Maybe it's not a bubble. Either way, I have had trouble getting it to start. First time, it was on the trailer and then a few times out riding. Real fun when you're trying to start the sled to get it out of a stuck.

The fix my dealer showed me when I bought it is to unplug the wiring harness with a brown wire above the clutch and start it with WOT. It'll turnover and eventually die. Plug it back in and it runs as normal for the rest of the day. I had about 750 miles last season and replaced the fuel pump before this season. Issue has only happened this season, after the pump was replaced. The whine is totally gone but now this has popped up a few times.

Sounds more like it's flooded. Try pulling it 3-4 times with ignition off, then turn it on and try. I'd bet it starts right up.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Just hold wide open and it will start
Sounds more like it's flooded. Try pulling it 3-4 times with ignition off, then turn it on and try. I'd bet it starts right up.

Tried both of these before remembering there is a way to reset it. It is what it is. I'll ask my dealer if an ecu flash does anything to help. Again, just surprised that my dealer found it worth mentioning at pick up and nobody else has had the same experience. Just goes to show that online and IRL can really differ

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

This has been an ongoing issue with some sleds since 2019. They do flood. A reflash may help. Cold start mode may be the usdue.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
My dealer says they can no longer reflash. Once update is done, they can't flash again. I had an actuator issue and took it in to relearn, and he said that polaris updated the software and took away the ability of dealer to reflash. If computer detects latest flash, there is no option to reflash. Dealer did ev relearn and that seems to have fixed my issue.

I"m like you in ZERO troubles last year and this reflash didn't seem to help performance, just gave me a few issues.

Premium Features