• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A few progress pics of my yamadoo

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Nice job! Kudos to you for even attempting this mod! Well done, well done.:beer;:beer;

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
curious

ive always wondered why people dont drill 2 little holes in an easy to access spot on the intake, tap it and run a tiny loctite slathered bolt through the boot into the new hole. this boot problem dosnt only happen to you, i have seen it 2 times before on an apex.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hmm, well i think i got it remadied, i had over-delt with my hanger issue and then it was pulling up on the thing to hard. if i balance the pull enough, should just pull back, not up.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
got hanger issues delt with, had a small issue the other day out riding with a coolant line had a clamp rubbed through by motor mount, small notch and it should be good to go. also was twisting the splining on the end of the jackshaft i had done, they are redoing it and much stronger this time as they understand the loads im putting it under. also working on skid setups as it likes to wheelie like a SOB and flip over. 2 vids for ya. when it hooks up on the hard snow near the ridge... WHEELIE and stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5auJ27RdInU&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29NeZnA6rw&feature=channel

snocattin

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
NW Montana
The Yamma-Doo didn't miss a beat all day (except the coolant clamp issue).
Pretty impressive sled for sure. (and a good rider too)
Great ride, thanks again Nick..!!

LG

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Nice work man!

I did one engine swap, no turbo involved with my swap but I can appreciate the amount of work that it takes to do a transplant like this.:beer;

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How does she run throught the day compared to the Nytro?
hes got a bit more power and track then mine, but other then that, it runs clean and crisp, people whine about boosted carbs, i dont have a single stutter or miss.. just a goofy high idle when its hot, but i think i got that figured out.

I got a notch made so the coolant line clamp is a thing of the past, also got my jackshaft back and in, its done MUCH stronger this time so the end shouldnt twist on me. As far as the sled for riding, it handles really well IMO< little ski heavy on the trail, and wheelies a bit when climbing, got some ideas to deal with most of it, just takes time. I really like how it handles for sidehilling and such, the 15 wide track makes it hold one side much better, rarely need to put both feet on one side and yank. being my first real ride out on it it takes a LOT of getting used to the power, coming off a 1000 last year that ran pretty poorly, to a 10# yami.. its fun!! also need to install some sort of foot rest on the back of my running boards, i kept sliding off the back under full power!!!

got a camera of my own now, so should be LOTS of picks and vids of it here soon, going to cooke this weekend, but avy danger is gonna keep any hillclimbing shut down.

And thanks for all the support everyone, gives mea a reason to keep working on it when i want to set fire to it!!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
hes got a bit more power and track then mine, but other then that, it runs clean and crisp, people whine about boosted carbs, i dont have a single stutter or miss.. just a goofy high idle when its hot, but i think i got that figured out.

I got a notch made so the coolant line clamp is a thing of the past, also got my jackshaft back and in, its done MUCH stronger this time so the end shouldnt twist on me. As far as the sled for riding, it handles really well IMO< little ski heavy on the trail, and wheelies a bit when climbing, got some ideas to deal with most of it, just takes time. I really like how it handles for sidehilling and such, the 15 wide track makes it hold one side much better, rarely need to put both feet on one side and yank. being my first real ride out on it it takes a LOT of getting used to the power, coming off a 1000 last year that ran pretty poorly, to a 10# yami.. its fun!! also need to install some sort of foot rest on the back of my running boards, i kept sliding off the back under full power!!!

got a camera of my own now, so should be LOTS of picks and vids of it here soon, going to cooke this weekend, but avy danger is gonna keep any hillclimbing shut down.

And thanks for all the support everyone, gives mea a reason to keep working on it when i want to set fire to it!!

Well, If i have anyting to do with it, well be getting stuck all day in the trees on the steep hills. Just got to find the thick spots, then there is no avy danger for us:D I dont like the wide open terrain anyways. Not enough opsticals to hit:eek:

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Well, If i have anyting to do with it, well be getting stuck all day in the trees on the steep hills. Just got to find the thick spots, then there is no avy danger for us:D I dont like the wide open terrain anyways. Not enough opsticals to hit:eek:

Josh most people would try to avoid obstacles, you have a very serious problem... you and your dam trees! The problem is you head between the trees with less than 1/2 inch on each side to spare, i catch your track and head straight for the trees to do some logging! good thing I got that tree killer bumper this year!:D

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
Glad to see that you are getting things sorted out there Nick. After 5 years of messing with my turbo I couldn't keep the intercooler on for the last two rides so I used your idea of tying it back with a ratchet strap and it works great. 20 pounds and still holding. Ken...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, time for an update.. havent done that in a while.. been riding the sled, enjoying it and constantly working out the kinks... got my BOV working properly.. sounds very cool. I ripped 2 of my carb boots and had them patched which isnt great for the sleds performance.. got some new boots to replace the riped ones for this weekend, also going to reshape my header a bit as the super heated brakes that go out after a long pull SUCK... SO.. here is a vid of me climbing last weekend.. got my jetting figured out... pulls good on top end... 10,500 on the tach climbing in some good snow... boost sitting at 10#... only problem is my BOV has to be after my float reference line and that makes for some loading up when chopping the throttle, but im working on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_2mhS3yiI

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I rebuilt my header a tiny bit so its not so close to the brakes.. now i dont get heat fade when climbing... rewraped it better so stuff isnt so hot around it. put new carb boots on, so now my idle is normal, hung my carbs better so I dont need to ratchet strap.

WELL!!! took it for another spin.. 2 days in a row.. first day had some issues with carbs not staying on and turbo hanging off funny to the side. after a new turbo hanger bracket.. that night I made another bracket to hold the turbo right in place, so it cant really move at all... rode the thing all day and only opened the hood to check on things.. ripping really hard... now I need to work on suspension so it handles properly!!

only thing is I am getting some boost creep so I might have to do a tiny bit more work on my wastegate porting setup. althought, it only creeps to around 14# from 10.. so i could just run better fuel and enjoy a fun powerband... I kinda like the 10# off the line then more power eases on.. very smooth.

som vids of the beast rocking out sunday!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCqLqGZHMbM&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UfQZg5J-0A&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGr3kUPaXo&feature=channel

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
i think i saw you guys getting back when we were heading out...

i heard that weird sounding doo, i woulda stayed and chated but another buddy rented an xp 800 so we wanted to put as many miles on that as we could.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
are you aware that backflips require more air! ha ha. thats some good footage
no kidding.. I think if I hit that first line a little faster on the packed down track I could easily jump up the SOB!!!! it is so insanely fast... just need a better track, the attack 20 likes ot trench kinda bad.. a 162x2.5 or even a 3" is on order for next year.. just dont have that kinda money kicking around when im at college... Im really please with the sled right now.. it handles quite well for its girth.. its so dang easy to get the weight off the ski's!

Premium Features