• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Silber turbo low end bog

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
So I have been running a silber turbo on my 850 for two seasons now has been running flawless for two seasons. Over the summer I added there water to air inner cooler, changed the reeds to turbo specific ones and Reflashed the ECM with their newest map. Now I have a low and bog I can feather the throttle and get it to pull thru it. Has never had this issues till now.
The reeds before where stock ones before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So I have been running a silber turbo on my 850 for two seasons now has been running flawless for two seasons. Over the summer I added there water to air inner cooler, changed the reeds to turbo specific ones and Reflashed the ECM with their newest map. Now I have a low and bog I can feather the throttle and get it to pull thru it. Has never had this issues till now.

Are you asking something or telling something?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I would guess u may have a boost leak on the air box. Double check everything u removed to do the reeds. Also this is from silber website. Also how hard was it to install the intercooler? How much boost are I running?
8c4cbce7c9a29616e89f8b1be68f3680.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta

I put a stiffer reed in my 19 silber 850 and had issues as well. Took them out and went back to stock, way better. I've always had a slight bog down low but the stiffer reeds made that 10 times worse. Especially when ambient temperatures were cold.
I also shortened up the intake similar to what BD does but with a real short piece of flex hose into 3" aluminum piping and 3"- 2.5" silicone 90* elbow. Couldn't be happier with that decision. It spools quicker, no bog and really crisp. U can also really hear that turbo spool and flutter when on/off the throttle, which is an added bonus. Now the turbo doesn't have to pull air through 5 ft of intake piping.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I put a stiffer reed in my 19 silber 850 and had issues as well. Took them out and went back to stock, way better. I've always had a slight bog down low but the stiffer reeds made that 10 times worse. Especially when ambient temperatures were cold.
I also shortened up the intake similar to what BD does but with a real short piece of flex hose into 3" aluminum piping and 3"- 2.5" silicone 90* elbow. Couldn't be happier with that decision. It spools quicker, no bog and really crisp. U can also really hear that turbo spool and flutter when on/off the throttle, which is an added bonus. Now the turbo doesn't have to pull air through 5 ft of intake piping.

Can you send me pics if this intake mod? Sounds like a good idea, I would like to see what you have done

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
Will do when I get back from vacation.

I'm back now actually, it just slipped my mind. If I have time when I get home from work tonight I'll snap a couple pics. If not I'm on days a off starting Thursday.

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
This is my built in the sled trailer trial intake modification. The results were well worth it. I bought the BD intake kit which includes the flex hose, aluminum adapter, mounting screws and 2 hose clamps. From Amazon I purchased the 2.5" to 3" silicone 90 deg elbow. Had a 2.5" 45 deg elbow, short piece of 3" and 2.5" tubing kicking around the garage that I also used.

The BD flex hose is close to 2ft long when stretched out, I only used 6-7" of it. Just enough to lift the hood and make the connection. When the hood is down and locked in place there's probably only 1-2" of gap between the aluminum adapter and lower aluminum pipe.
Could probably get away with just using the flex like BD does. I wanted a much smoother airflow and negate the flex as much as possible.
It's a bit of a pita to get the flex connected over the 3" pipe but a little xps oil helps.
9095a14a196cbd9fccd532d1c4859b70.jpg
952e022b9719815a43337bb052310b86.jpg
c9d8165e5c9306bd58f4d0d9c378d5f3.jpg
43fafc4bcb6243c46d834743b8670c09.jpg
0cbb6c4e3c357bece766d167d6bfa371.jpg

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
This is blocked off with an aluminum blank. With the silber setup it pulls air all the way through there, plus the silicone hose that goes over the top of the engine to the turbo.
a27834634c496b1c10466f105cf18134.jpg

Last edited:
The BD flex hose is close to 2ft long when stretched out, I only used 6-7" of it. Just enough to lift the hood and make the connection. When the hood is down and locked in place there's probably only 1-2" of gap between the aluminum adapter and lower aluminum pipe.
Could probably get away with just using the flex like BD does. I wanted a much smoother airflow and negate the flex as much as possible.
It's a bit of a pita to get the flex connected over the 3" pipe but a little xps oil helps.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TapatalkI
I'll definitely be stealing this from you, I'm not a huge fan of the intake set up these kits come with. I can't find that intake kit on boondocker site your talking about, any link to it? Sorry to revive this

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
KBT-B021 or KBT-B023
Cold Air Intake Kit Bag for Skidoo 850
U probably won't find it to there website. I ordered it through BD Canada. Its 1 these part #'s but not sure which one. They sent me the wrong one first. Ended up with a turbo flange and springs. Call or email bd to confirm. My invoice isn't clear on which one it is.
The short intake is hands down the way to go.

Premium Features