• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Goggles battery pack with a heated visor helmet?

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Has anyone tried using one of the 509 Ignite Electric Lens Battery Pack that comes with their ignite heated goggles and attach it to the side of a helmet and connected to your heated visor so there's no wiring down to the sled or in your jacket with a battery pack?

I got my CKX Mission carbon fibre fury helmet today and went on a 80km ride on the Expedition LE. I tried it without the heated visor connected to power to test the AMS for the breath box and never fogged up for over half the ride. I then tested the heated visor powered and sure it was nice that the light snow melted, fog free and such but I can't stand having a wire dangling down to the sled or even route it in my coat. I like to take my helmet off or jumping off my sled for a and having to do the extra step was quite annoying to me.

Thanks

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Has anyone tried using one of the 509 Ignite Electric Lens Battery Pack that comes with their ignite heated goggles and attach it to the side of a helmet and connected to your heated visor so there's no wiring down to the sled or in your jacket with a battery pack?

I got my CKX Mission carbon fibre fury helmet today and went on a 80km ride on the Expedition LE. I tried it without the heated visor connected to power to test the AMS for the breath box and never fogged up for over half the ride. I then tested the heated visor powered and sure it was nice that the light snow melted, fog free and such but I can't stand having a wire dangling down to the sled or even route it in my coat. I like to take my helmet off or jumping off my sled for a and having to do the extra step was quite annoying to me.

Thanks
I am going on year 3 with the 509 goggles. I’m happy with them. The battery is only going to last for about 2-3 hours if left on it seems. I use it sparingly, and have a spare that is seldomly used. Last week we rode in some freezing rain and they were great to have.

Premium Features