• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 brake recall update?

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Don't unplug the fuse. Instead add an electronic flasher in place of the fuse. Of course put a fuse in line too. I have done this and it works perfectly. When you hold the brake your brake light flashes and the sled thinks that as you are releasing the brake long enough that the derate cannot take place. Your buddies won't run into the back of you because they didn't know you were stopping.

Where did you put the 3rd wire (black)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Nice! Good info, thanks. I will check into this.

Here is a photo when I tested it. For final install I bought the piggy back fuse holder and modified it a bit to have the circuit and fuse to just plug in in place of the original fuse. For some reason the one photo inserted twice and I can't delete one??

Attachments

• flasher.jpg
    flasher.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 44
  • flasher.jpg
    flasher.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Fuse splice.png
    Fuse splice.png
    470.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Here is a photo when I tested it. For final install I bought the piggy back fuse holder and modified it a bit to have the circuit and fuse to just pug in in place of the original fuse. For some reason the one photo inserted twice and I can't delete one??

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I'm thinking about building a quick disconnect near the master cylinder. If it starts to give me troubles at a bad time, I can just unhook it.

Kind of like having the brake light so don't want to lose it for all other times if I don't have to

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I'm thinking about building a quick disconnect near the master cylinder. If it starts to give me troubles at a bad time, I can just unhook it.

Kind of like having the brake light so don't want to lose it for all other times if I don't have to
You could install a tiny switch on the wire? I also wasn't fond of the newer style brake master cylinder on my 23 so I put the old style on from a old ProRide chassis. I think I got it for $40 and don't have to worry about smashing a plastic reservoir on a tree. Fits right on except the brake light wire connector is different.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
You could install a tiny switch on the wire? I also wasn't fond of the newer style brake master cylinder on my 23 so I put the old style on from a old ProRide chassis. I think I got it for $40 and don't have to worry about smashing a plastic reservoir on a tree. Fits right on except the brake light wire connector is different.
I was thinking of keeping my master cylinder from my '22. It was perfect before they added some squish

Premium Features