• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Axys bogging intermittently

L
Please help. My 2020 Axys 850 with a Silber turbo has been having episodes of severe bogging/sputtering. When it happens it's almost unridable. Today it was ripping for the first 12 miles, and after a short break it started acting up. It's a pretty fast paced and consistent high, low, high, low. No indicator light comes on when this is happening. I usually limp it back to a road and on the way out it stops acting up. I replaced the throttle sensor and no change. Also used a friends primary clutch with the same weight setup.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
The bar that holds the exhaust valves shouldnt move I would think, but i would have to check. Have you done a compression check or looked in the spark plug hole with a piston light or camera?

S
Nov 29, 2014
south lake tahoe
The bar that holds the exhaust valves shouldnt move I would think, but i would have to check. Have you done a compression check or looked in the spark plug hole with a piston light or camera?
the weird part is that the problem is intermittent. the sled will rip for a while, then have a jumpy bog for a while, then rip. only 600 miles on it. replaced tss but no change. plugs look good color and even.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
its an intermittent jumpy bog, the sled will run perfect like 20% of the time then mess up. I am skeptical of the exhaust cable too but if it were streched or broken wouldnt the sled never run right?
When the cable breaks, you will basically rev out at 6500 rpm, as the valves will not open to full position. Will be stuck at mid valve position. This is not your problem then.
You tried another primary, so you can eliminate broken spring or stuck weights.
What fuel are you running ? I would pull and clean exhaust temp sensor.
Possibly TPS has a bad spot in it, or voltage regulator issues, stator, fuel pump.
I would go through all plugged connections/relays/grounds under the hood for any corrosion or loose melted wiring if you haven't already.
I have seen stator wiring melted to bare wire from sitting against turbo.
If it's coil related, usually sled will just shut down when coils get up in temp.

Last edited:
N

Neckcitymt

Feb 8, 2016
Bozeman, Montana
its an intermittent jumpy bog, the sled will run perfect like 20% of the time then mess up. I am skeptical of the exhaust cable too but if it were streched or broken wouldnt the sled never run right?
I have been having the EXACT same issue, except on a 2018 800 Axys. I originally thought the issue was electrical and replaced all 3 relays, along with grip elements as I was concerned they were shorting. Took the sled out today and have the saem issues. Problems also start as I climb higher in elevation. I noticed while I was riding back to truck today that my machine briefly threw a code, I plan on taking it to Polaris and having them check the unactive code tomorrow. I will get back to you with whatever I find. I have a suspicion fuel pressure may be to blame... idk

N

Neckcitymt

Feb 8, 2016
Bozeman, Montana
I have been having the EXACT same issue, except on a 2018 800 Axys. I originally thought the issue was electrical and replaced all 3 relays, along with grip elements as I was concerned they were shorting. Took the sled out today and have the saem issues. Problems also start as I climb higher in elevation. I noticed while I was riding back to truck today that my machine briefly threw a code, I plan on taking it to Polaris and having them check the unactive code tomorrow. I will get back to you with whatever I find. I have a suspicion fuel pressure may be to blame... idk
Oh yeah, I also swapped ECU's with my buddy while riding today, didnt do a thing to help out the issue.

S
Nov 29, 2014
south lake tahoe
thanks for the info. we havent found the problem yet. but will update when we find anything

N

Neckcitymt

Feb 8, 2016
Bozeman, Montana
thanks for the info. we havent found the problem yet. but will update when we find anything
Figured out the problem on my end. Stator wire was contacting a coolant pipe and causing it to melt and char. What I thought was an elevation issue was actually a heat issue, meaning that as my sled heated up, the issue became worse as the wire melted around hot coolant pipe. Check the wiring off your stator, look for any points where it may contact a coolant pipe or other heat source. Hope this helps, good luck.

S
Nov 29, 2014
south lake tahoe
Figured out the problem on my end. Stator wire was contacting a coolant pipe and causing it to melt and char. What I thought was an elevation issue was actually a heat issue, meaning that as my sled heated up, the issue became worse as the wire melted around hot coolant pipe. Check the wiring off your stator, look for any points where it may contact a coolant pipe or other heat source. Hope this helps, good luck.
Thanks! will def check the stator wiring. glad you got your sled fixed

Premium Features