• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 it's coming!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I sure hope it's awesome. Loving the 16 so much for the first time since 2011 think I'm gonna ride the same sled for 2 seasons. Will be shopping holdovers for the 2019 season, not brand loyal but have owned more cats than any other brand. Would love to keep them on top of my list...

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
February 26th-March 1st in Minneapolis, cat told us back in July this is going to be the biggest product launch in 20 years! They said new engine and they were pretty tight lipped about what else they have coming?? Can't wait until then, they are giving factor tours and demo rides of the new product

I wasn't aware of the dealer meetings being held in Minnesota this year.
What your saying makes me think something new is coming.
Maybe they'll have the new motor in a new chassis.

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Anybody else find it interesting when arctic cats back country riders received there proclimbs in Arctic cat crates already equipped and all set up with superchargers and different parts all ready to go this year?Is 2018 the year they offer a snow check option mild pump gas boosted two stroke for the every day customer with maybe a limited warranty ?

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
hurt.gif

sledking120

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2011
South Dakota
Was told they are riding the new sled at erx. Sounds like new motor for sure. Maybe in a limited production just like the king cats but spring order rather than late season deal.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You guys are way more optimistic than me and a lot of you guys have been riding sleds longer than I.

When I hear "new motor" I think "run like hell and buy a current or holdover and sit tight for two years" :D

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
You guys are way more optimistic than me and a lot of you guys have been riding sleds longer than I.

When I hear "new motor" I think "run like hell and buy a current or holdover and sit tight for two years" :D

EXACTLY...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Definitely not unhappy with the motor.

I wish it was centered in the frame and the chassis plastic was a little narrower and better thought out but no, not 'unhappy' at all.

And 'new motor' is top of the list of "things that don't need to be changed".

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
but what if you could get a lighter motor with more HP?... and Yes I agree the sled needs refined, but I don't believe its any less of a sled to the other 2, 2 stroke brands I still believe its 83.25% rider
face-icon-small-happy.gif

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I don't believe its any less of a sled to the other 2,

Oh quite the contrary. That heavy dependable motor gives me way more ride time than everyone I know with any year Polaris. And even wide and arguably heavy, the chassis doesn't ride like a stupid trail sled with a seated position steering angle and a weeble wobble track like skidoo.

Horsepower is already pretty attainable. It's not that I wouldn't like lighter and stronger. It's just that unlike Polaris, Cat has a pretty high bar to improve from IMO.

I'll be peeping the innernets just like everyone else to see what they do, but like I said.......I think of it as kind of like "two year anticipation". Certainly won't be buying a first year anything. From anyone. Ever. The first year home runs are out there but they're the exception, not the rule.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I'll take a few extra lbs and reliability over lighter any day, especially in the engine. I ride with pros and an axys and I'm still waiting to see the lower dry weight give them an edge over my phat cat.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
are any of you unhappy with the cats you own now?

I've been pretty vocal on my feelings, so it should be no surprise on my #1 complaint:

1. I absolutely hate how the side panels function. The new plastic on the king cat/yammi look like a huge improvement. Lots of potential for weight loss in the plastic.

2. How b!tchy the morning start is when the sled sits out overnight and temps get to single digits and below. I've got a startup process down but it's stupid it takes two people.

Otherwise I'm super happy with mine. Does absolutely everything I want it to.

But weight loss and more refinement would be a huge plus for AC.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Ctec 2 oil being thinner helps those cold starts. But yes they need to fix that or Im tempted to buy ES lol.

Cat better come out with a good powerful motor. Little birdy says Poo has an 860 up their sleeve

Premium Features