• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 800 155 Throttle/Electrical Problem?

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

Currently riding out West and sold my Arctic Cat, so I’m on a buddies 2018 stock pro rmk 800 155.

Worked great for a little bit yesterday, and they the throttle would start cutting out, usually seemed to be 4K rpm or so. When it could cut out it would throw a check engine light and that would disappear letting of the throttle. Put new plugs in, as the old one looked roasted but didn’t get any better. Occasionally it comes out of it.

Its stock other than a ggb can, and a tether. Any ideas on what it could be? Tps? Tether acting up? I can double check what weights he has, maybe its hitting det. Seems sluggish on the bottom though.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hi All,

Currently riding out West and sold my Arctic Cat, so I’m on a buddies 2018 stock pro rmk 800 155.

Worked great for a little bit yesterday, and they the throttle would start cutting out, usually seemed to be 4K rpm or so. When it could cut out it would throw a check engine light and that would disappear letting of the throttle. Put new plugs in, as the old one looked roasted but didn’t get any better. Occasionally it comes out of it.

Its stock other than a ggb can, and a tether. Any ideas on what it could be? Tps? Tether acting up? I can double check what weights he has, maybe its hitting det. Seems sluggish on the bottom though.
What brand tether? If it’s the old polaris button style they are well known for that exact issue. (Unplug it to diagnose)

Throttle safety switch is also very likely your problem. First tighten the throttle free play so it is depressed fully when on the throttle. (Barrel adjuster in cable by handlebars)

If that fixes it run it.
If not then buy a throttle safety switch bypass from @Perk and make sure you use a good tether. (Pro armor, durapro, cat magnetic)

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
I am running a 2018 163 and mine did the exact same thing during a ride. Turned out to be a bad kill switch. I ended up cutting the wires and running it to get the ride in. Purchased a new one after the ride.

Premium Features