• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013's New DOO revolution

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
In all seriousness, I like the idea of the glove box over the guages... sounds like a nice spot to stash a dry back up pair of gloves, or warm up your icy pair. I also think that if the side-panels look as good as they do in the pics, they should help... my impression of the XP has always been that is has always looked 'fat' to me... I can't really nit-pick as I haven't ridden one, but it looks like they did make a couple minor changes for the better, time will tell how this revised total package works out:beer;

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Not sure what to think of the rear arm articulation. If it keeps the track flatter than the chassis I can't see that helping carving and sidehilling. If it does the opposite maybe it's a positive, but could be a little unpredictable for neutral/straight riding. The flex track sounds like an interesting idea. If it holds up might be a good improvement. What I'm not hearing is any weights so I'd assume it's about the same as 2012.

I'm looking to add another sled to the stable next year, but uncertainty about the new features will probably make me hold off for at least a year. Looking forward to some unbiased reviews on how it handles and how it holds up next season.

And maybe it's just me, but in some of the riding footage it looks like a modded Tundy. :face-icon-small-dis

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Cat must have traded DOO the heated sandwich warmer by the gauge for the use of DOO's chassis idea...

I expected A LOT more out of DOO this year, but there's nothing wrong with refining the XP.... I bet it's going to be a great sled.

Joe

J
Mar 19, 2008
Not trying to bash this sled, maybe it will surprise me and i hope it does, but what a let down. Where is the "game changer"? The t motion and flex track or the heated glove box? Or is it the brighter head light? Or they moved the controls down to the console like the pro? All decent improvements, but definately not game changers. The XP is a good sled, but they needed to loose weight bottom line, and it doesn't even look like they tried. The t-motion and flex track are just bandaids to try and help a chassis that doesn't handle worth a damn in the mountains. You can literally carve a pro with your toes, and you don't need a teeter totter in your skid to do it. 417 lbs. is a game changer. Now come on BRP lets see some weights.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
time for the whinermobile

A.jpg

J
Mar 19, 2008
The next step is to make the handlebars pivot along with the skid. Then even though your sled handles like garbage, at least you will feel like your holding a sidehill.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I like the looks and the more narrow body. The front end smirk is a little strange. I was expecting less weight too. I think the skid is the make it or break it. Will mountain riders like it or will it just be a gimmick? I definitely want to ride it though. I hope there was some refinement in the clutching.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
its ok biler, I know your disapointment ..next year they will bring the game changer..hangin there ...

im not at all disapointed.sure sounds like some on here are.163 horse keeps it the highmark king.we do need a new meadow section for underpowered poos

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Rode two days with a new Poo. Switched sleds alot. Both good sleds and both easy to side hill. At the end of the weekend he still liked his Poo and I still liked my Doo. What is the big deal, everyone is different. If you don't like the Doo, thats fine, goo buy a Poo and be happy!

Last edited:
D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Has anyone ever seen someone riding with their foot on the ski spindle? That's a new one for me. I have had issues keeping the front end down. Maybe I should give this a try.

Also that mountain 'grab' strap is going to de-capitate someone.

Glove warmer... how about a built in muff-pot too?

Nice refinements but not the 'game changer' I was hoping for. :face-icon-small-dis

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Has anyone ever seen someone riding with their foot on the ski spindle? That's a new one for me. I have had issues keeping the front end down. Maybe I should give this a try.

Also that mountain 'grab' strap is going to de-capitate someone.

Glove warmer... how about a built in muff-pot too?

Nice refinements but not the 'game changer' I was hoping for. :face-icon-small-dis

Isn't that why they put traction on the skis? I have seen guys use the ski. Worked once for me.

T
Dec 25, 2007
So the front is fixed? That is odd. But then if the whole suspension is twisted...man I can't even think that through. I feel like this suspension would have to get chucked before a turbo was put in for fear of binding or over torquing the suspension one way or another...?

D
Mar 3, 2008
well i guess the reason most of the sleds in the videos are skidoo is because they are just highmarking each other ,anyway old news ride what you like.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
didnt you know poo raised the bar to a arm streching 140hp. LOL

and that is why overall the polaris was also quicker up the mountain than the skidoo? (we are talking year 12). I just got done looking at some mag where they did alot of heads up racing. Think it was OSM? I can't remember.

Honestly, i realy like the 12 skidoo and the 12 pro. I will be buying a new sled this summer so i can't wait to throw a leg over them in the comeing months.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So the front is fixed? That is odd. But then if the whole suspension is twisted...man I can't even think that through. I feel like this suspension would have to get chucked before a turbo was put in for fear of binding or over torquing the suspension one way or another...?

The front arm is split so the whole skid has 4 degrees of movement. Should be interesting.

Premium Features