• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Polaris RMK 800 DET Code

R
I’ve got a 2013 Polaris RMK 800 with 1900 miles, it’s got a SLP stage 3 kit, and high compression head. Around 2 years ago the sled would throw the DET code, flash the yellow check engine light and the sled would turn off. This would happen during the top end of the throttle and generally in the powder. This happened once every couple rides and would fire right back up first pull. Recently it’s thrown the code the past two rides while in the powder(7 times the last ride). Always on top end of the throttle. I’ve put in new spark plugs, and took it up the road where it did the same thing. Took out the gas in the tank and replaced it with a different 91-non eth. Took it up the road and it threw the code again. It’s got the ability to tune the engine electronically. Any help on next steps would be greatly appreciated

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I had a similar issue with my 15 pro where just randomly through the day usually 3/4 throttle or more it would DET and shut down. In my case it was faulty injectors but others had told me to check my knock sensor, worn motor mounts or rubber stopper under the pipe causing the engine to shift/vibrate on the bulkhead triggering the knock sensor, plugged fuel filter

Premium Features