• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M8 153 Scale picture

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
So... after all this whining and crying... the cat is maybe 15-20 lbs heavier than the lightest 800 made and about the same as the best selling 800? Wow.....mind blowing

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
sad to here about how heavy it is, be close to 580 lbs with gas, is a little to much for me...

my 08 xp with a can, and a few other goodies was under 500lbs ready to ride, makes the day a little eaisier on you, and makes your buddys happier...lol

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
The scale says 555. How does that suddenly= 580? Fred go buy a 2012 xp and tell us what it weighs! Can't wait for more tales about the all conquering 880 ... Again.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
sad to here about how heavy it is, be close to 580 lbs with gas, is a little to much for me...

my 08 xp with a can, and a few other goodies was under 500lbs ready to ride, makes the day a little eaisier on you, and makes your buddys happier...lol

The really funny part is that a Cat could be fifty lbs heavier than an XP and still be much, much easier to throw around in technical situations.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I,ve been wondering during the "Pro-Climb Weight Debates", why did Doo go from lightest to heaviest?
Poo went the other way and did a good job. Now the motor seems to be out-living the chassis in a few areas ( rear suspention mounts, motor mounts, running boards, bumpers). Minor things but, things that need to be addressed if you want to really ride it.

With Doo, was the weight added to the engine to make it last longer than the break-in chip. Was the weight added to the chassis to stop the "bent my front nun" threads?
Did the hard core riders get Doo to build a sled they can really ride or did the warranty department finally say "enough is enough".

Or, did the marketing team at Doo, come up with a unique plan for their dealers to focus their sales efforts on new customers only. Obviously no one in their right mind would get rid of their light-weight XP's for the new 45lb heavier Summits. That would be crazy.

It just got me wondering. Are the Cat engineers the best in the biz. How could they build a chassis so much stronger than the last one and keep the weight so close.

Head scratcher, eh!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
the stronger test is comming soon,when those new long a arms tag some rocks and stumps:)

A
Jan 31, 2010
Hold the phone there cat fans. Look closer as that track is still touching in the back! Seems as green is the new blue! And too all those who say "you can lose weight with a can so it will be close to the REAL pro", um you can get a can for all the snowmachines. Apples to apples please.

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Hold the phone there cat fans. Look closer as that track is still touching in the back! Seems as green is the new blue! And too all those who say "you can lose weight with a can so it will be close to the REAL pro", um you can get a can for all the snowmachines. Apples to apples please.

Somebody must be getting old an their eyes are going. The track is not touching the ground. If it makes you feel better try looking at the middle picture on this post: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2824820&postcount=4

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
can we get a pic with the hood open.wanna make sure theres a engine in there:)

A
Jan 31, 2010
Somebody must be getting old an their eyes are going. The track is not touching the ground. If it makes you feel better try looking at the middle picture on this post: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2824820&postcount=4

Well, I am getting old, but not as old as some :face-icon-small-sho. I still can't see the whole snowmachine in that pic.

As Kelsey said, just a xp with verticle steering. Only 4 years too late, but at least in the same weight range as a NEW xp :face-icon-small-win.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
59lbs in fuel would be a mighty small tank would it not... for a 800

as for the 2012xp, if it weights close to 555, then its a pig as well to handle, as for the 880, let me know when you can make it, offer always stands:face-icon-small-hap

The scale says 555. How does that suddenly= 580? Fred go buy a 2012 xp and tell us what it weighs! Can't wait for more tales about the all conquering 880 ... Again.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
yeah there just like an XP except

vertical steering
15" wide track
torque link
better motor
tapered tunnel
better front suspension
better belt system

oh wait, whats left, they both go on snow? yup there just like an XP.

ahahaha...

-Aksnopro

A

acsnoracer69

Nov 29, 2007
Harrisburg, SD

vertical steering
15" wide track
torque link
better motor
tapered tunnel
better front suspension
better belt system

ahahaha...

-Aksnopro

On the highlighted above--funny--understatement of the year there!!

A
Jan 31, 2010

vertical steering
15" wide track
torque link
better motor
tapered tunnel
better front suspension
better belt system

ahahaha...

-Aksnopro

To change the subject a little, because other than frame geometry they are very different. Here is my thoughs on the above post:

Please excuse my ignorance, but why do cat fan boys cum all over themselves for vertical steering? Because someone tells them too?

15" track = inferior (I have seen side by side comparisons), but true it is different.

torque link = promising. We will see, but I think all snowmachines should have this.

better motor- Define better motor?. Better power? about equal to doo in top end power. Better fuel economy?? not better than doo. Longevity??? maybe. The past cat motors are very good, but the midrange hp on the new chasis seem lacking compared to past cat motors (check dyno tech, up to 10 hp less in mid range then an 11 cat and about 10 less for an 11 doo). Oh wait, you probably don't care about facts.

Better Front suspension=???? I havent rode one, have you???? you seem to be high on these cats, but if you haven't rode one but believe they are the best ever because someone said so (someone whose name starts with an R), then have another sip of cool aid. I will with hold my judgement until I ride one (cough cough, Stocker, cough). They are probably very good, but better????? Time will tell.

better belt system???? Again do you have experience with the new chasis?? most likely better than doo, but better than poo??? or better than blue?? maybe, time will tell.

These will probably be very good snowmachines (aksnopro probably calls them sleds, like the lower 48'ers). Time will tell, but like all snowmachines I will wait until I ride one before I claim they are the greatest ever. And I do hope they arent the greatest ever, becaue then I will need another snowmachine!

I should clarify that anyone who doesn't like the facts will compare modified to stock. The "claimed" numbers from the modified are always better than the other companies stock but aren't always better on the snow. Hmmmmm.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well i really hope they took all their teachings from the m1000 and m800 and threw them out the window when they made this new chassie, from riding a xp, the m1000 felt like riding a rino, and to make it turn was almost a chore

we had a few guys riding the m1000, but they slowly quit riding with us or went doo, plus the extra weight got into our night time activites...lol

proclimb will be great, just wish they had a few to demo last fall

Premium Features