• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Carbon fiber proclimb 800 project

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
That is a really nice build great work!

It sucks that it will devalue so much in a couple years. Some aspects of this sport really blow. I learned my money lesson building expensive mod sleds years ago...

In 3 years it will be worth $5k..

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
yup

It sucks that it will devalue so much in a couple years. Some aspects of this sport really blow. I learned my money lesson building expensive mod sleds years ago...

your right! putting into gold would have been a smarter investment. gonna be fun riding this type of depreciation up and down the hills the next three years. :face-icon-small-con

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
That is a work of art WKR. Meshing carbon fiber into a functional, reliable toy is something else...especially for that cost. The rigidity and ride of that chassis must be incredible...I bet you feel everything. Nice work...stuff like this from minds like that only propels the sport forward for all of us.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id

If that's the case, can I give you $5K now and have you call me in three years? I'll take the sled no questions asked!

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Ok so the black ti/carbon stoker nypex came in at 631 wet full of fuel. The orange stroker nytro was 7 pounds more with molly/fiber tunnel. The orange sled also has stock a arms and stock skis versus CR arms and Powder Pros.

631 minus the following:

11.5 gallons of fuel
4 quarts of oil
1 gallon of coolant
have a new battery that is 8lbs lighter (lithium we are going to try)
could go with 162 track and save 15 lbs
a timbersled skid or ez ride would save another 10 lbs
lose the m10 jack alone would lose 6 lbs
Paul/CR design to integrate tank and tunnel would lose another 10-15 lbs
New WRP seat to match tank/tunnel would lose another 5 lbs

Puts you around 478ish in a stroker apex. If you did the same setup with a nytro engine it would come in at about 470ish dry. I personally would not want this track/skid setup but if your goal was the lightest nypex/tro then this could be done.

If you didn't do ti and went with just moly/fiber and did not "stroke" either engine or do anything other than stock engine with head shim I think you could pull it off for less than $30k with no labor of course. To have someone build it for you would no doubt increase the cost substantially. That is one aspect that I did not factor in either.

Anyways, it was fun weighing everything and we were actually surprised by some of the findings. Some things were lighter than expected and other things were heavier!:face-icon-small-dis We went to an analog type scale because we found it to be more accurate than the digital for whatever reason. We double checked the scale against objects with predetermined weights.

Stroker Nytro.jpg stroker nypex weight.jpg scale only stoker nypex.jpg stroker nytro weight.jpg

Last edited:
S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
its a shame....

ive spent well over $40k on the most stupid ****.

to realize i could have had that sled... i want to cry.

good work WKR...

beautiful build.

Premium Features