• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK 600 dies.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Spent last weekend in West Yellowstone and my sons 2011 IQ RMK 600 starting to die. You can't do anything to stop the RMP loss it as it happens over about 10 or 20 seconds. Ends with a backfire and then completely dies. Wait a few minutes and get back on and she will fire up after a few pulls. Runs perfectly for a bit and then does the same exact thing. Did it 3 or four times as we were coming back from the South Plateau. Finally towed it in. Wouldn't start at the dealership in West. 3 days later he pulls it over and it fires right up. Compression is about 95# per cylinder. Any one have any ideas?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Compression sounds low but if you're at 10K feet maybe that's in the ballpark. Only other thing I can think of is the voltage regulator. There were issues with them right around that year. Latest part number is 4013587. I would not go with aftermarket regulator.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Yellowstone Polaris is going to replace the regulator. It's my 12 year olds sled so we are going to rebuild it this fall. Thanks for the input...maybe they are replacing the problem. I've never had an issue with a regulator so wasn't sure if I was just throwing money at the problem.

Premium Features