• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Rmk photo build

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
haha wish I could find this tree! Im building my td8 right now so powder coating will wait til next year:face-icon-small-ton.

I want my sled to be ready by next week so i also dont have the time for it.

Anyway great build once again!

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
talked to Rob the motor builder the other day and he sent the crank out to be checked and worked on. i know it will be at least 3 weeks before sleds done, but thats ok with me.
Outlaw thanks for the help and you got a nice layout for play & work. hope to get more time next trip to talk.
thanks mike

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
builder said that i will run bout 8 lbs. here in the midwest for around 200 hp & about 10-12 most out west for the same horsepower. thats enough for me.

heres some pictures of the guages i am installing. only company i could find that had all 3 guages the from the same place.

2010_White_7_Boost35.jpg 2010_White_7_Fuel-PSI.jpg 2010-W7-Wideband-Web-Diagram.jpg

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Outlaw thanks for the help and you got a nice layout for play & work. hope to get more time next trip to talk.
thanks mike

Yeah, hopefully I dont have 10,000 things going at once. If there is snow on the ground you will be back out. Rob likes to bring guys out for a testing/teaching ground.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
i hope there is snow on the ground when i come get it. james said they got 4" at his place and 13" at dan's place in dolliver. dans trying to put EGT guages on his sled this year so he doesn't burn it down again.LOL
I couldn't believe the CAT tracks you sent me the other day. that is way to close for comfort. i wonder how long he was around the place and you never knew it.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
When you pulled in the yard, that is right were the tracks were. I have no idea, we have had some weird things going on though. I had not seen any deer in the back yard for a month until a week ago. Cows have been bustin through fences left and right around here too. One night when I walked out of the shop I heard something wierd in the trees behind the house. I swore it was racoons, but now I wonder.

Your going to have a fun ride!!!!!!!! Rob goes on graveyards soon, I would bet he gets started on it then.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
As long as its right i don't care how long it takes. i talked to him the other day to ask about him putting those HID lights in it also for me. he said he has a pair laying around, great for me.
We are planning a trip to grand lake,CO on Feburary 10th i hope. might be the only trip i get this year with work....
how muchsnow you guys get last week up there?

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
think we are going to maybe change plans and go to steamboat to ride now in Feburary. looking at staying at SLO, the room rates are about the same and they have food and bar plus gas for the guys. a little more in gas and travel time but thats fine, sounds like we have 6 going so far. still waiting on james and dan's crew. let me know if you or rob would like to join us or when your trip out is and maybe we can meet up.
make sure you ride my sled like you own it before i come get it if you have snow by then, that way i know how you like it. LOL

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Well its finally done, The crank that is.....LOL

I heard today that the motor guys got the crank back finally. should have the sled back in 2 weeks now. at least i will have it back for winter games in okoboji this year.

I will post pics when i get it back.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
I love re-reading this thread.

Nice build for sure!

Want to do mine next? Same sled. Just a little different.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Hey minten, Yes we do other peoples sleds case you want one done. that or you can just buy mine as is with turbo installed and ready to ride.
what do you have for a sled and what do you want to do to it for mod's.

thanks for all the great comments on my build. I would do another one in a heart beat if i get the chance.

thanks mike

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Minten, I have a deal for you. I am thinking about selling my sled as is this summer. I didn't even get to ride it myself other than the turbo guy test running and breaking it in. The wife wants a new car so i am willing to part with this sled now and do another 2012 build next year. if you are interested in my sled please pm me and we can talk.
Other wise if you want any info on anything i have done to mine please feel free to ask.
thanks mike

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
hey a lil bird riding a horse across the desert said this AWSOME SLED IS FOR SALE??? IF SO SOMEONE BETTER GET IT AND HANG ON TIGHT BECAUSE COWBOY BUILT HER RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE COWBOY

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Thanks ducky, thats right guys i built it right. nice little tree cutter of a sled. smooth & bright. NEW price of $6800 buy this sled, plus i will help with delivery if possible. snows a coming guys

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
wife said to sell it so here is the bottom dollar. $6300 or it can set in garage til winter . you can't buy a turbo and have it installed for much less than that.

Premium Features