• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Polaris 900 RMK 166" Anniversary Special

N
Jan 23, 2008
Fargo, ND
2281 miles on sled / ZERO miles on new motor
Motor professionally rebuilt and custom clutching by Indy Specialties (Indy Dan) in Welsh, MN
VForce 3 Reeds (brand new reed petals)
SLP Pipe and Can with computer re-program updates
SLP MTX clutch weights (3 sets for various altitudes)
SLP Airbox (Radiator Delete) / SLP Torque Arm / SLP Push Arm
Geared down for the mountains (19/42)
Handlebar riser / Rider Select steering
Powder Pro skis
Ported 166" track
SLP Tunnel Bag
F-Bomb Better Boards
Rear Bogie Wheel Delete Kit
Ice Scratchers
1 yr old pull rope
Helmet Plug for Heated Helmets
Spare Parts: Plugs / Brake Pads / Belt

This sled is set up for riding in deep snow, in the mountains, though I do have the clutch weights so you can use it here as well. This is a serious mountain sled that will take you wherever you want to go and bring you home safely. It is probably the BEST sled for both new riders (because of the throttle response) as well as heavier riders (because of the 166" long track). Motor is a fresh rebuild (lots of new parts installed - $2300 itself) and just finished the install. I have a new 2012 in the garage, or I wouldn't be selling it.

$3750. Call or txt 701-238-6236 or PM me on here.

DSC02033.JPG DSC02036.jpg DSC02037.JPG DSC02039.JPG

N
Jan 23, 2008
Fargo, ND
Found the Deep Snow Service Manual, both the book and the CD, and that'll go with it as well as the original owners manual.

If you're interested, make an offer - worst case, i say "No".

N
Jan 23, 2008
Fargo, ND
Sorry for the delay in answering, I was traveling earlier this week.

The crank let go right at the clutch during a climb in January, so I pulled the engine and took it to IndyDan. He rebuilt the motor, put in his new special crank with the extra bearing, and re-did the clutching on it. It's running great now, plus has the thicker PTO end on it.

During the rebuild, he pointed out a bunch of little stuff to replace - oil cable, reeds, etc. So that was all replaced, and I added a bunch of extra heat-reflective tape where I thought appropriate as well.

Plastics are "ok". Hood has two scratches on it from the back bumper of another sled that stopped in front of me going down a mtn, and I couldn't stop, and the grey door on the exhaust side has a crack in it about 4" long. The clutch side grey is OK, but the tab wasn't holding well, so I added a dzus fastner to help hold it in place.

The rest is in good shape. Let me know if you need specific pictures and such, more than happy. Nothing to hide. Great sled.

Did find the Deep Snow Manual and the original Owners manual and that'll come with it as well.

N
Jan 23, 2008
Fargo, ND
Oh, and the track is in great shape. still has the little nubbies at the end. Has not been abused going down roads or driving it in shallow ND snow. Only driven on/off trailers here. Then ridden in deep Cooke snow. :)

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
god I'd love that sled........but my wife would kill me
she already thinks I live to close to Guido

strait across swap?
my 9 is a 151" with a fresh TM1, and lots of other little mods

Premium Features